Friday, August 29, 2008

DRS Challenge #2 - Paper Piercing


Through another weekly blog challenge, I have discovered Cathy Indelicato, which in turn led me to the DRS designs challenge as well as the All That Scraps challenge (you'll see my entry for that challenge further down my blog). What a fantastic talent this lady is and I'm thrilled to play along with the challenges. This is only their 2nd challenge, and it was to use "Paper Piercing" ... the 1st was "Inchies" . . . which I haven't done yet.


This image was done a while back to use on another project but I changed my mind and used a different floral design for that one and this poor thing has been laying on my worktable for weeks! Well, this poor little image called out to me today ... "Pick me, Pick me" ... so I did and that was the beginning of my challenge card.

Card Details:
Stamps: Stampin' Up Fabulous Flowers, Great Impressions, Rosebud Rubber Stamps
Paper: Tan cs, SU very vanilla, Paper Pizazz leather design paper
Ink: SU - creamy carmel and close to cocoa
Accessories: Paper piercer & template, Hygloss vintage buttons, Michaels single stitch grosgrain ribbon, gold stickles, pencil eraser

7 comments:

  1. Darlene, it's great!!! I'm glad that image called out to it's awesome!!! Thanks so much for playing, I hope you'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love the flowers, love the grassy stems, love the piercing, love the buttons! Gorgeous card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful layout,use of colors and an overall gorgeous card! thanks for playing and come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh I like it! It's so pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this brown beauty is one I have to case! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is lovely! The monochromatic color scheme and paper piercing are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene;

    Love the brown and the flowers! nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.