Friday, August 29, 2008

For Vicky's son, Ken


This card was made for an SCS friend's son whose name is Ken and lives in Butler, PA. My friend, Vicky Gould, has asked us to send cards to her son who just had a TERRIBLE bike accident and has had 4 or 5 surgeries since August 15th. He's pretty depressed about having to stay in the hospital longer than anticipated and needs some cheering up! Here is my card for Ken.


I decided to use a Thomas Kinkade image and colored it by using various Stampin' Up inks and inking nibs. The oval was cut using my Oval Scalloped Nestabilities. The background paper is DCWV and the ribbon is Offray gingham and rafia.


The inside sentiment says: "Worry not. The world can wait. Take your time. Recuperate!"

I'm hoping Ken will get swamped with well wishes!! If you would like to send him a card, let me know and I'll get you the address.

4 comments:

  1. This card is so gorgeous for a man -- and what a great cause -- TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to Ken, this is sure to make him smile. Wonderful work, i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, this is wonderful! Your coloring on the Kinkade is amazing, as usual! I love your layout, too and the gingham bow with raffia! Great job, and the sentiment if perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. You do a wonderful job of coloring. I love the Thomas Kincade stamps but am very imtimidated at the thought of coloring them.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.