Friday, August 8, 2008

Meet my Petunias!

Let me introduce you to my front porch petunias! There are only "3" plants planted in my big pots and will a lot of TLC, they have bloomed beautifully this year!!! The bigger the pot ... the bigger the flowers.
I have received many comments on how pretty they look ... and even more questions as to "how did you do that". The secret is really to be sure to keep them watered, feed them every couple of weeks (I use "Peter's" fertilizer that mixes with water) and to keep them "dead headed". The more you dead head, the more they bloom.
Most years I do ALL purple flowers around the house but this year, I was feeling very patriotic (with the war going on so long I guess and loosing so many of our boys/girls) that I decided to do the red/white/blue (or in a couple cases, pink/purple/white).

3 comments:

  1. Oh Darlene, I just wish I could grown lovely flowers like this. I am afraid I do not have the magic touch when it comes to flowers and the garden. I do enjoy seeing flowers and beautiful gardens though. Maybe, one day I will learn to grow them like you have done. Thanks for sharing this picture in your blog.

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i am impressed! my petunias look like hell right now. they are all leggy, all the foilage has died. we water everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are gorgeous! I'm so envious! I never remember to dead head, so ours never look this nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.