Tuesday, September 2, 2008

SCS Color Challenge - Monochromatic


This is my card for today's Color Challenge over on SCS. I don't always do this challenge because I don't always have the colors they are requesting ... but, monochromatic, I can do! Of course since purple IS my favorite color ... that was my choice for today's card.

First I selected Elegant Eggplant as my base card then I started looking to use up some of the scraps I had laying around . I found this designer paper panel (don't know off hand who makes it) ... then I looked through my stack of negative Nesties panels and found this orchid opulence piece. It was a little large so I backed it with a scrap of lovely lilac, cut out a smaller oval of white with my Nesties (that gave me yet another negative to add to my stack) to use as the backing for my main image. The orchid panel looked a bit plain so I did some paper piercing and used these cool (and cheap) Darice pearl brads I found on sale at Pat Catans.

The main image hydrangea is a stamp by Anna Griffin - All Night Media. I stamped it on vellum using Versafine black then embossed it with clear ep. I colored the BACK side using my prisma pencils, cut it out with my trusty swivel craft knife and ta dah ... done! Oh yea, as an after thought, I added the little butterfly punched using the Martha Stewart punch.

What do you think??? Thanks for stopping by!!

10 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but I have not thought to use my color pencils on vellum! Your flowers look so lovely, I wonder what the trick is to getting a kraft knife to work so well. I have the hardest time witht he darn things! I love your card, the image, the colors, the layout, it is just lovely :)
    Sandy O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as usual - Hydrangea is one of my favorite. Your blog looks great. I added you to my list of "blogs I visit" and I'm definitely going to subscribe to your feeder. Maybe we can compare notes on some of this stuff - I'm at a loss sometimes also. Dru

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I never think of using my negative Nesties! What a great idea! Love the purples, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is wonderful!
    I love it
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous! Beautifully done...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is JUST BEAUTIFUL! I love the look of your work... very romantic and pretty! AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene, this is a beautiful card!
    Great job!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.