Friday, May 29, 2009

Stamp Simply #89 - Favorite Flower

WOW ... here it is FRIDAY once again and today's challenge over on Sharon Johnson's blog (ssnotime89) is to pull out your favorite flower stamp and make a beautiful floral creation. You can use images, primas, stickers or other flowery items! For the official details, click on over to Sharon's BLOG. Be sure to check out all the fragrant creations from the rest of the Stamp Simply crew! Barbara, May Guest Designer, Julie, Janine, Jennifer, AJ, Becky, Tammy and Deb!





The first trees that bloom around my house in the spring are the lovely Crab Apple trees. I have one that is 3-4 years old and one that is over 100 years old. They are so lovely and smell so good when I'm cutting the grass around and under them ... mmm, I can smell those lovely apple blossoms now!!





So, for my card today I've chosen to use the (retired) Stampin' Up Toile Blossoms stamps. My base card is Garden Green and for my background panel, I've used a piece of Elegant Eggplant and stamped the individual blossom stamp with Versamark and embossed using Silver Pearls embossing powder. My main image was stamped onto Whisper White then stamped a couple more times onto a scrap of Daisy D's designer paper. I've cut out the blossoms from the designer paper and popped them up onto the main image for color & dimension. The leaves were simply colored with the SU watercolor green pencil and blended with their blender pen. I've used a lavendar ZIG marker for the little dots around the edge of my Nestabilities labels four panel and mauve Stickles for the flower centers. The sentiment is by Staming Sensations.com ... was stamped using Elegant Eggplant, embossed then cut with the Nestabilities oval diecut. I used Eggplant Envy and a sponge to do the highlighting around the sentiment and two Making Memories green brads as an accent. I got to use my new BOW EASY tool that I purchased through Sharon's Store to make my ribbon treatment (I need a little practice) and I really like how it looks. What a really neat tool ... if you are not familiar with what I'm referring to, that gives you a 2nd reason to pop on over to Sharon's blog.





Have a wonderful day and weekend!!! Hard to believe that JUNE is right around the corner! Where is the time going??? Happy Stamping everyone!! Thanks for stopping!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love the image, the nestie, how you layered the flower, and the purple background. Beautiful apple tree too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Dar! I love the flower you picked... soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful flower - love the dimension and the Nestie with the dots around the edge!! Your Crab Apple tree brings back memories and makes me miss things back home! Guess it's just one of those days - thanks for the sweet memories! Take care my friend and hope you have a great weeekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Darlene! I love my crabapple trees, too, they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the love of those blossoms that are just here in the spring. Just beautiful and your card is lovely. Too tired to participate this week. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I really like the color combination. I love those spring smells too...I've been considering planting honeysuckle somewhere...love that smell the best...oh wait...maybe I love lilac the best..oh well you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredibly beautiful! LOVE LOVE LOVE those flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene