Sunday, June 21, 2009

Challenges for Crafty Secrets

Now that I am involved in 4 different Crafty Secrets Groups and join in on the challenges offered, you can certainly say that I am a CRAFTY SECRETS LOVER!!!! LOL!!
Today, I have two cards for you.


The first one is for a brand new We Love Crafty Secrets group over on Paperee and it was started by none other than Miss Marisa Isa (one of the awesome designers on the CS design team). Julie Campbell offered to be hostess for the 1st challenge and she has asked us to use "contrasting colors". Here is an excerpt from her challenge posting:



CONTRASTING COLORS! Pick your favorite color and then use it's complement--red/green, blue/orange, purple/yellow, etc. Also feel free to use any shade in between as I did--turquoise/muted orange.




Anyone who knows me is aware that my favorite color is PURPLE. The contrasting color for purple is actually yellow but I "kicked it up a notch" and used orange. While working in a Florist Shoppe back in PA (yes, I'm also a certified floral designer) I remember always loving to put together purple irises and orange lilies ... along with white mums or carnations, it was always a cheerful arrangement. okay ... back to the card. The background paper is from a Paper Pizazz pack I purchased for $1 at the stamping sale down in Zoar last month. In fact there were three packs there and bought them all ... hey, they were only $1 a piece and they were vintage designs ... can you blame a girl!!! LOL!



Recipe for this card is as follows:

Stamps: Crafty Secrets Garden Girls
Papers: Only Orange, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Paper Pizazz designer paper
Inks: Versafine Black, Perfect Plum
Accessories: Martha Stewart branch punch, Nestabilities, ZIG markers, Prima flowers, Making Memories brads, Michaels ribbon, Distresser


*******************

My second card is for the Heartwarming Vintage Crafty Secrets challenge I am hosting every Sunday over on Papercraft Planet. Today we are doing Squares & Circles. The challenge is to use at least one of each on your creation.


For my card I have used images from the Crafty Secrets Garden Girls & Bird Notes stamp sets. I have stamped my Garden Girl image directly onto a scrap piece of CS Earthy designer paper. My circles have been cut using Nestabilities and the papers are Whisper White which has been sponged using More Mustard and the larger circle was cut from a scrap of Graphic45 paper. A scrap piece of burgundy cardstock was punched using the SU scallop edge border punch with Stampendous diamond dots added to each scallop then added to the bottom of my main panel. Larger diamond dots were added to the top right corner in conjunction with the narrow burgundy satin ribbon from Michaels.



Thanks so much for stopping by today! If you own any Crafty Secrets products ... please come join in on these challenges ... we have great fun!

5 comments:

  1. Darlene, as you already know, I love both your cards. I am not a purple person, but you have convinced me to start giving it a try. Hint, hint, maybe the next card I make will be with purple.

    You had asked me how I get the glitter to the edges, I actually use a Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.You just have to get one of them.

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darlene... Love your Crafty Secrets cards... Their products are wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are wonderful, Darlene. I especially LOVE the look of the vintage image of the girl stamped on the dp. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cards, Dar! I LOVE the orange on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the garden girl stamped on the DP - looks great! Like Marisa I tend not to use purple but just bought some purple flowers with my Michael's coupon and some K&CO purple paper on sale - see what kind of influence you are having : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.