Monday, June 15, 2009

Faux Handmade Paper Challenge


The Technique Challenge today over on Splitcoast Stampers (SCS) was to make faux handmade paper. What a fun challenge and a good way to use those acrylic paints that I have sitting in a basket collecting dust!!

I am thrilled with the outcome of this technique and can't wait to try other color combinations. Of course I LOVE purple so that's the color palette I went with. Here is the RECIPE for this card:

Stamps: SU Bloomin' Beautiful, Flourishes Words 001

Papers: Whisper White, Bazzill Watermelon, Bazzill Boysenberry delight, Silver metallic

Inks: Versafine black, Rose Romance, Elegant Eggplant

Accessories: Sponge, SU watercolor pencils & blender pen, detail clear ep, dimensional tape, EK Success tag punch, Offray organza ribbon, Michael's silver metallic elastic, various acrylic paints, Puffs tissues

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that turned out so pretty! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! This turned out really nice. I looked at this technique yesterday and thought: that looks like too much work. LOL! But after seeing your card, I might give it a try. I too have so many old acrylic paints that need to be used up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene