Wednesday, July 22, 2009

CCEE Challenge



Time again for the CCEE Stampers Challenge and this week our hostess Dawn Lusk ..... Dawn a New Day, has ask us to create with SUMMER FUN in mind.




My creation today has a story behind it!! It didn't actually start out as a card for this challenge, it started out as an IDEA for an upcoming showbox swap which I thought I'd like to use the "poppin pastel" technique. Hence my sentiment circle! The base circle stamp is one of the images from the Hero Arts "friends" set which I stamped onto dry white cardstock (which was cut into a circle using my Nestablities) with Versamark. Then using cotton balls and a combination of yellow & orange chalks I achieved my "sunny" colors. I then used the sentiment stamp from the Penny Black "Allegro" set that I purchased over the weekend at Joan's Gardens using Versafine black and detail clear embossing powder.





Now that I had my sentiment ... I needed an image that would portray "A Good Thing" ... and since the CCEE challenge dealt with "Summer Fun" ... I instantly thought of this adorable little gal from the Crafty Secrets set called SEASIDE. I had another circle laying on my worktable and decided to use it for my image. After stamping with Versafine Black ink, I masked the image and chalked in the sky colors. Removed the masking, chalked the sand and colored the little girls hat & dress using SU watercolor pencils. The birds image on this circle are from Stampscapes and the single bird on my sentiment circle is from the Seaside Crafty Secrets set. My starfish is also from this set ... I stamped it onto a scrap of River Rock paper using Versafine Sepia ink and after cutting it out, I popped it up with dimensionals. My base card is Whisper White and the designer paper is DCWV which is matted with Basic Black.
What a fun card to create although I still have NO CLUE what I'm doing for the shoebox swap, LOL!!! Hope you like it too ... have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

5 comments:

  1. Darlene, this is also a great card.
    I love how you did the chalking and put several different things together.

    Great job!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darlene!! Lovely card and I just love all the pics from Joan's place!! Hope you are well! Things are back to normal here. Work work work!!! Hopefully I will have a little time for stamping this weekend. We are staying put for a change!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card Miss Dar! What a fun summertime image that is sweet as can be! Miss ya already my friend! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.