Sunday, July 26, 2009

Playing with new stamps ...

After having so much fun crafting with friends yesterday, my mojo was still flowing so I spent part of the day creating with some of my new stamps. Sorry for the lengthy post but I just had to share my creations with you all! I draw inspiration from you and I'm hoping to inspire others in return!!






This card was created using images from the Hero Arts set called "Friend" that I purchased at Toyrifix from my friend Tammy Hershberger (Stamp Happy). I stamped the circle image with Versamark then did the "poppin pastels" technique using Pan Pastels (artist paste chalks) and cotton balls. After stamping the sentiment & butterfly with Versafine Black and embossing with detail clear ep I used Nestabilities to cut my circles. My background paper is from the DCWV Luxury pack and I have stamped over it with yet another image from this set using India Ink Black. The base card is SU Perfect Plum cardstock and I have done faux stitching using a metal ruler and my Creative Memories fine tip black marker pen. The grosgrain ribbon was a gift from my friend Anita (waving Hi to Anita).











My second card was created using two new Great Impressions stamps I bought in Fort Wayne, IN last week on my way out to Shipshewana. Aren't these duckies cute !!! I colored the image with SU watercolor pencils and the background with blue chalks & a makeup applicator. Here's the other items used:



Papers: Garden Green, Whisper White, SU (flock together) designer paper

Inks: Versafine Black

Accessories: Nestabilities (circles), Creative Memories corner rounder, Colorbok metal dots, crystal effects, SU watercolor pencils, blender pen, blue chalks, makeup applicator









The next 3 card images are all Penny Black sets that I purchased from Joan's Gardens while in Indiana last weekend.






This first card uses images from the Penny Black (Enjoy Life & Flower Gallery) sets. Here are the details of my card:


Stamps: Penny Black (Enjoy Life)

Penny Black (Flower Gallery) - sentiment

Papers: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Anna Griffin designer paper

Inks: Old olive, Versafine black

Accessories: Spellbinder Shapeabilities (floral accent), American Crafts glitter pens, Spellbinder Nestabilities (label one), Creative Memories black round tip marker, detail clear embossing powder






I took my inspiration from the back of the package on the Penny Black Flower Gallery stamp set that I used for this card. The swirl stamp I used is by Inkadinkado. Here are the details:

Stamps: Penny Black, Inkadinkado

Papers: Bashful Blue, Garden Green, Whisper White

Inks: Old olive, Versafine Black

Accessories: SU grosgrain ribbon, Detail clear ep, Crystal Effects, Bow-Easy purchased at Sharon Johnson's ribbon store.



I just loved this tree from the Penny Black Enjoy Life set. After stamping with versafine black, I colored it with SU watercolor pencils & a blender pen. I used chalks for the sky and the birds image is by Stampscapes.

Stamps: Penny Black (Enjoy Life), Inkadinkado (Garden Flower), Stampscapes

Papers: Garden Green, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, DCWV Old World designer paper

Inks: Versafine black

Accessories: Nestabilities (rectangles), Detail clear ep, SU watercolor pencils, chalk, White Gelly Roll pen, Michael's gingham ribbon


(click on any image for a larger view)



Thanks for stopping by today ... hope you all have a wonderful week!

8 comments:

  1. Wow Dar, you've been busy! I love all your creations! That duck stamp is just to stinkin' cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you got some great new stamps! I wish I was there playing with you! I love all your new creations, each one is better than the last! (Meaning my fave is whichever one I'm looking at!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly!!! What a bunch of cards!!! A beautiful bunch of cards.
    Have a great week Darlene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the only person I know who can turn out so many cards so fast, and they are all beautiful! I love them all, but the duckies is my favorite - they are just so stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well didn't you get down and inky! What fun to have so many new play thingss. Looks like you had a really good time and ended up with some pretty cards to boot. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! You certainly have been busy! You always amaze me with how many cards you can crank out in one day. I love the sentiment in the circle and the butterfly in the first one, love the sweet duck image in the second one, Love the 'grass' image of the third one--thats certainly a unique image, and I knew before I even read it that you used a 'bow easy' for the fourth one...it had that look. Beautiful thank you cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! You certainly have been busy! You always amaze me with how many cards you can crank out in one day. I love the sentiment in the circle and the butterfly in the first one, love the sweet duck image in the second one, Love the 'grass' image of the third one--thats certainly a unique image, and I knew before I even read it that you used a 'bow easy' for the fourth one...it had that look. Beautiful thank you cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Smokes, Darlene! You have been playin' big time! lol Love all your creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.