Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Color Throwdown #54 ...



... and the SCS Sketch Challenge all in one!!





I'm just ticked pink with how this card came together! When I saw the colors for today's Color Throwdown, I though ... oh my gosh, what can I do with that ... but of course the fact that they are the colors in the Basic Grey Ambrosia paper pack (and I just happen to have that one), things became easier. I actually thought the same thing when I first saw the Sketch Challenge for today on SCS. But once I got started ... it really all came together quite nicely! I KNEW I wanted to use this butterfly image from the Inkadinkado (garden delight) set and piece by piece it came together perfectly!




I stamped the butterfly with Versafine Black ink directly onto the designer paper and embossed it with Detail Clear embossing powder. The wings automatically lifted on both sides ... how convient was that!! My ribbon is actually a peach color from May Arts but it's not quite as colorful due to having it layered with a strip of Basic Black cardstock. My circle was cut with Nestabilities then outlined using a Creative Memories round tip black marker. The sentiment on the front of my card is from Hero Arts and for those of you who enjoy seeing the INSIDE of the cards, I have provided a little peak at this one. I've used scraps from the Basic Grey Ambrosia dp and border edged it with my Stampin' Up scallop border punch. The sentiment is from The Artful Stamper and the little butterfly is from another Inkadinkado set. Don't forget --- (click on any photo for a more detailed view).
Thanks so much for stopping by today ... I hope you find inspiration in my work.

21 comments:

  1. Darlene--this is stunning! So glad you were able to use these papers in this way!!! WOW~you are getting better & better each week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Darlene!!! Love the way you used this paper and that butterfly is spectacular!! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW Darlene this is AWESOME..I just love this basic grey paper and how you worked these colors!!! Gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, really gorgeous, Darlene! Love those butterflies, especially the big one!! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! The Basic Grey Ambrosia papers are perfect for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost used that very same Basic Grey dp for my card. Love your gorgeous butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO gorgeous, Dar!! I noticed it in the sketch challenge gallery and thought it was pretty there-it's so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene, I am in love with this card. I have this paper and have not even used it yet!! This is so pretty and the butterfly is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. DOUBLE wonderful good job! The inside is as cute as the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy smokes! That butterfly is GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is totally gorgeous!! i adore everything you've done here Darlene :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very, very pretty card! Great use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! what a cool card Darlene - thanks for playing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought butterflies as well! Love your big black one stamped on the dsp. Stunning job with the color throughdown challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I think this is my all time favorite card of yours! I love that bold color and that paper is just absolutely perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOWWWEEEEE! This is one fabulous hunk of card crafty goodness! You ROCKED this, darlin'! What a FABULOUS answer to the challenge! Take that! hee hee GREAT work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous card. Glad you entered the challenge. Really nice choices for these colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.