Saturday, August 8, 2009

Simply Sassy Design Studio Challenge

What fun ... today is the first Challenge for the New Simply Sassy Design Studio Challenge Site. And what a fun challenge it is!! Here is what's required:


2 Buttons
2 Ribbons
2 Designer Papers
2 Layers


There is no stamping on this creation with the exception of the inside but I'm very happy with it's outcome!! It was also a little difficult to photograph due to the gold metallic used for the matting behind the image. I have yet to figure out the best way to photograph my cards that use shiny papers !!



The papers used for this creation are SU Very Vanilla, Gold Metallic, Karen Foster designs, and BoBunny designer paper. Ribbons are SU Chocolate Chip satin and Offray gold satin. The two heart buttons come from Bucket O'Buttons and dimensional were used to pop up the main image.
And BTW ... the main image is actually a portion of the designer paper that I cut out then ran it through the Cuttlebug with my oval Nesties.



I have had requests lately to see the inside of my cards (when I finish them that is, LOL) so today I finished this card as an Anniversary card for friends of ours. Both images are by Paper Inspirations.


Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have found inspiration in my work! Be sure to jump over and check out this new challenge blog ... sure looks like great fun to me!! Happy Weekend All!!

15 comments:

  1. Darlene - this is GORGEOUS!! I love all things vintage! Thank you so much for joining our very first challenge!!! I'm very excited and look forward to seeing more and more of your stuff (all over the place) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your photograph looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable!!! I am so glad you joined us on SSDTC this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Darlene!! This is amazing! You did a fabulous job with the challenge!! Thanks for joining our first challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene this is Gorgeous! I love anything vintage! love the inside too! thanks for joining us at Simply Sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Darlene! Your card is fabulous! Thanks for being a part of our first challenge at SSDS =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh this is gorgeouss :) thanks for joining us at SSDS challenge ;)
    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is vintage heaven!! I love this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful anniversary card! Love the layers and buttons, and the inside as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card both inside and out! You have achieved that wonderful vintage look here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is incredible hon! Wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Darlene, that is an incredible card. Love it. I really like your vintage type papers yet the 2 heart buttons just give it the right touch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darlene, that card is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with Simply Sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Simply Sassy Designs. We hope you'll come back often and join in them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely card. I'm amazed that you didn't use any stamping (traditional or digital). Great idea using a picture from the designer paper. Thanks for joining us at SSDT challenge blog this week and I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.