Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Digital Tuesday Creation ...


I'm still trying to get my mojo jump started so I'm trying a new challenge today. Today my creation is for the Digital Tuesday Challenge and we were asked to do Winter Scene Images using lots of Dazzling Diamonds (Diamond Dust) for Snow. You are to use a digi image also. That is the part I nearly forgot!!!!!


I first made this card using a Sugar Nellie image (see insert) then when I was finished, I realized I was to use a digi image so gently took the Whiff of Joy off and added this fun loving snowman by a NEW digi image designer ... Tanya (Stawnies - Stamps by Tanya). Tanya has a couple other blogs you might be interested in ... links are on the sidebar of her stores blog.

I created the background by using a large sponge pod and various blue SU inks and smeared them back & forth half way down the piece of paper. Then I stamped the moon using another large sponge pod & white craft ink & embossed with silver pearls embossing powder. The pine trees is a stamp by Stampscapes (150E-pine row). Next I tore strips of white card stock, stacked them ... then used Martha Stewart craft glue and Twinklets Diamond Dust to create my snow. For my snowman, I colored him using Prismacolor Markers, cut him out with a Fiskars swivel craft knife then added the glue/diamond dust.

So what do you think??? I think he's pretty cute and makes me want to go outside an build my own snowman!! Yes, we have enough snow to be able to do this and they are calling for more this coming weekend ... joy, joy!!

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate you taking the time!!

9 comments:

  1. Totally fun!!! That snowman is a hoot...LOVE your background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh la la!! Gorgeous scene card!! Love your snowman and your designs!! Great background!!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. You went all out with the snow...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love love love your snow! It looks absolutely real! Thanks for sharing at Digital tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Love all the snow you added.
    I really love how the background and all looks great with both the woj image and the snowman.
    Thanks so much for joining us at digital tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - that IS a lot of sparkle!!
    Glad the mojo is returning - wish mine was!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Dar! Once again some fabulous creations. Tanya will be thrilled to see you used her snowman image. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love 'em Darlene!! HAPPY 2010!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, the head on that snowman is too funny!! Girl that snow looks real! AWESOME card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.