Friday, December 11, 2009

Need More Cards to send ...


I just realized today that I still need SEVERAL more cards created to send to family & friends! (Some of you might be getting them late ... sorry!) So while I had a few open moments, I played around with images I had already colored (that's what I was doing while waiting for jury duty) and scraps of holiday paper piled on my worktable. AND .. I saw this layout over on Danni's Dreams Blog and thought it was a great layout to use up those scraps. This is the layout for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge and it was really fun to work with. Here is what I came up with.

Last week when the girls came here for a get together, Lana Edwards brought along her new Sugar Nellie images to share. They are from the "Funky Kits" store ... I just loved this little gal and couldn't wait to get her colored. I used my Prismacolor Markers then cut her out with a swivel craft knife. I've added Liquid Applique to her ear muffs, cuffs & jacket bottom for additional dimension. The blue & snow flake paper is from a DCWV holiday 12x12 pack (shared by Terri Snode) and the music paper is from The Paper Studio (shared by Linda Davis). Thanks girls ... you're the best!!!
I see this week's Stamp Something Challenge is Winter Wonderland and I think this creation works perfectly.
This next creation again is using up some of those scraps of shared designer paper from friends. Also, the red cuttlebugged panel was created using the SU Sizzix embossing folder that friend Carol Smuts brought along to share with everyone ... I need to get this one ... doesn't it look awesome on that metallic paper!! My image came from the internet and for the life of me I can't remember where!! I'm thinking it was from a site I linked onto from my friend Julie Campbell's blog (A Vintage Chic).. Julie if you're reading this and know where this came from ... PLEASE let me know so I can give proper credit ... thanks!!
I have used the same snowflake designer paper from DCWV as the other card as well as garden green cardstock. I've used the Nestabilities Decal Rectangles to cut out my image ... Creative Memories snowflake punch and Prima holiday flowers.
Well, looks like I'd better get some work done around here! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek ... I do appreciate you taking the time during this busy holiday season!

6 comments:

  1. That sketch is so fun, isn't it?? Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards hun! Love the first one - such a cutie!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Dar, these are gorgeous hun!! I just LOVE your top card with the musical papers!! :) and thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. darlene...these are wonderful! love the colors, the papers, and your coloring!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you did a fabulous job! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Love the papers and the coloring is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something this week!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh these are beautiful cards! Love them! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.