Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Penny's Challenge #19 - Monochromatic & A Christmas Classic



Well ... are you ready???? For Christmas of course ... and one more Penny's Challenge before we ring in the New Year. Today Penny has challenged us to create a Monochromatic Card. We are a little short handed this week with the busyness of the holidays and all ... so I decided to do TWO cards.

This first creation was quick & easy. The base card is royal blue and the designer papers are from a DCWV holiday 12x12 pack. The image was given to me by a friend (and sorry, I can't remember the designer ... I'm sure you know ... please shout it out). I've used Prisma markers for coloring and Nestabilities Classic & Scallop Ovals for matting.


For my second card, I used scraps of DCWV designer paper that was in my scraps bin, bordered with a gold Pilot marker and layed them in opposite directions on my base card. My images is a digi from Creations By Penny ... called Snow Family. Penny has a HUGE sale going on right now ... so jump on over and check it out!!! Aren't they adorable!! I've used the Nestabilities Decal Rectangle die for cutting and sponged around the edge before removing the image from the die. My snowmen were colored with Prisma markers and given texture with Liquid Applique.

We hope you'll come play along ... and when you do, be sure to jump back over to Penny's Challenge Blog and upload your creation to Mr. Linky. If you're uploading to additional online galleries, please use the keyword "PC19" for this challenge.
Don't forget, we are doing our challenge twice a month now so our next challenge will be on January 6, 2010. Won't you please come join in on the fun!!

************

One of my husband's favorite holiday stories is Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol. There are so many different versions out there ... but his favorite is the 1951 version starring Alastair Sims and I would have to agree. It is a CLASSIC and wonderful to watch year after year. That is exactly what we did this past Saturday evening.

It was cold and snowy outside and while Mark got the DVD set up, I prepared the hot chocolate and popcorn. There are so many wonderful scenes in this movie and I seem to realize new parts that I don't remember from the last viewing (or maybe my memory's just not as good as it used to be, LOL).

Mark not only has the video of this classic, but has the leather bound book which he enjoys reading through out the year. He says like Shakespeare, Dickens is enjoyable any time of the year!! Hmmm, Shakespeare ... another subject I don't know much about!! Now ask me about planting a garden & home canning and I can teach you a thing or two ... LOL!!
Mark & I have come from very different backgrounds and he has shared so many wonderful, new experiences with me. With me being a "country girl" and he being a "city boy" ... we have had fun sharing each others differences. I guess the old saying "opposites attract" is correct because we are certainly perfect for each other!
Thanks for letting me share this little holiday tidbit with you. Do you or your family share a favorite holiday book or movie?? If not, why not start a new tradition this year?? Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule this time of the year to stop by, take a peek and say Hello!! Wishing you well and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

6 comments:

  1. They're both adorable Darlene! Great choice in images and colors, and I love your textures too!

    When our kids were smaller, they always wanted someone to read Twas The Night Before Christmas to them...I just love traditions : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are adorable Darlene! Love the little girl in blue!! Merry Christmas to you and Mark - have a wonderful holiday season with those you love. Take care my friend! Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Sweetie you have been busy making GORGEOUS creations girl!!!! These are fabulous and that snowman is sooo super cute!!!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas sweetie!!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are gorgeous,i love those snowmen...
    I too love the Christmas Carol.
    Have a great Christmas Darlene and a wonderful 2010!!!!!
    See you in Jan....
    Hugs Alison.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Happy Holidays to you too!!! I hope you and your family have a very very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun cards! The snowman texture is such a great idea; I love touchable elements!!

    Perfect way to celebrate the day -- traditions make the season even more special!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.