Friday, January 22, 2010

Challenge Cards to Share ...


How do you like this inspirational photo for the color challenge over on The Play Date Cafe this week?? Isn't it awesome!! Now that I knew what colors to work with ... I needed a sketch to follow! So, I decided to go along with this week's SCS sketch and here is what I came up with.

I've had this vintage image in my collection for a very long time and I do believe it came from a challenge blog called "Art Creations Friday". This lovely lady provides you with some amazing vintage images & backgrounds that you use to create for her challenge! This photo is a "full view" image but I was wanting to concentrate on this amazing Bow, Headpiece, Hat... not sure what they called them back then.

The papers I have used are SU Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White, Basic Black and Graphic45 designer paper (Renaissance Faire Collection) which I just purchased from my friend Joan Fricker ... "Joan's Gardens" (she's got other Graphic45 papers too ... they are awesome!!!). I've ruffed up the edges with a distresser and added both the zig-zag grosgrain ribbon from JoAnn's as well as made the white organza bow using the Bow Easy to embellish.

************

Since I LOVE anything of the vintage style .... I just had to make the time to play along in Sharon Johnson's
Stamp Simply Challenge this week which is "Very Vintage". Keeping in mind that the typical style for her challenges is to keep it SIMPLE, I "simply" used paper on paper for my creation.

Again ... here is another Graphic45 paper pack I received yesterday from Joan at Joan's Gardens and this one is called the "Domestic Goddess Collection". There are so many amazing double-sided pages in these packs that it's really hard to "cut into them"!! My only embellishment additions are: buttons from Bucket 'O Buttons ... Crafty Secrets Sweet Stuff Twill Ribbon ... and gold thread from Stamp By Step.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed my creations! I find SO MUCH inspirations out there in blogland from all of you ... I can only hope you can find a little inspiration here on my blog too. Have a great day!!

15 comments:

  1. I can't imagine wearing that hat/head piece all day. I would have a headache..LOL. Great twill ribbon on the second card Darlene...Super job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards Darlene!! The vintage one is just YOU!! Hope all is well with you... Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW Darlene fabulous cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Darlene! I especially love the second one and how you stamped on the twill and added those buttons. Great vintage touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Dar, I just love your vintage cards! You add such wonderful details, way cool! :)

    blesings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just gorgeous hun! That hat looks awkward doesn't it?? Love the organza bow on that card!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! These are really gorgeous cards Dar!! I love that yummy ribbon on the first one and your details are always amazing girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always ROCK the Vintage cards Dar! Wish we lived closer and you could teach me : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both creations are JUST darling, Dar! I especially love the sewing themed card -- SO FUN!!! So glad you played along -- TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are fabulous!! The wonderful vintage print embellies...perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are fabulous!! The wonderful vintage print embellies...perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card, The hat is to die for! Love how you mimicked the hat bow with your card bow. Take Care, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these cards! What can I say....there is NO ONE who can top you on those stunning vintage cards! You have such a way with them!
    Blessings,
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darlene,
    Love both of your beautiful vintage cards :) Gorgeous, honey...just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.