Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Crafty Secrets Challenge #104

Today's Crafty Secrets Forum Challenge over on SCS is hosted by Marcy and she has asked us to use "Something Old" and "Something New".

(click on image for larger view)

My "something new" was the easy part ... I've had several of the Crafty Secrets Vintage Postcard Kits in my stash and haven't taken the time to play with them ... well, today was the day!! Isn't she adorable!! The only think I've added to this sweet image is the distressing around the outside edge by using a sponge and Ranger Vintage Photo ink ... and a little touch of pink Stickles here & there on the flowers.

My "something old" was not so easy! I wanted to use something YEARS OLD without using my REAL vintage stash (just can't part with that, teehee) ... so I decided to blow the dust off my sewing box and see what was inside that might work. Well, low & behold ... there was some old ecru hem binding ... when's the last time I made anything that I had to hem??????? OKAY .. that's OLD ... and there was this package of 8 buttons (well only six were left so I used them at some point in time) and I figured they were old because the mfg. name was Streamline Buttons and the cost was $.39 for the lot! YEP ... I'd say they're relatively OLD too.

Here are all the items used on my card:

Papers: Whisper White, Crafty Secrets Radiant dp
Inks: Ranger Vintage Photo
Accessories: Crafty Secrets Vintage Postcard Kit, pink Stickles, distresser, sponge, Kaiser mauve flowers, ecru hem binding, Streamline buttons, purple thread, needle

Thanks for stopping by today ... I do hope you are enjoying your day! Hope to see you later!!!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Darlene wow love that image sweetie and these colors are beautiful!!! You rock girl!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, Darlene, you rocked this challenge! Thank you for always being a sunny spot on the web. You are such an encouragement to me and, undoubtedly, many others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty - she is absolutely adorable! The card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty card for this challenge! Love me vintage : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.