Saturday, January 9, 2010

Love Is In The Air

Hello and happy weekend Everyone !!!

Are you ready for another unique challenge at Saturday Spotlight ... GREAT! Here is what the Spotlight Divas are challenging YOU to try this week:

The Spotlight Divas would like to challenge you to make a Valentine/wedding/ love style creation with NO HEARTS used on it!! So think of another way to represent "love" without using hearts!

Here is what I've come up with:

This lovely image & sentiment panel are from the Crafty Secrets Valentine Cotton Scraps. Aren't they awesome! I just love vintage images and even without the sentiment ... this one scream LOVE!!
I've triple bordered the main image using black card stock and a scrap of DCWV dp (which I distressed) in between. The background paper is Graphic45 and the snippet of music paper is by The Paper Studio. The embellishment consist of Opaline half pearls by Basic Grey and Prima flowers.
I had to really think for a moment on this one!!! How do you say Love / Valentine / Wedding without hearts???? Well in my book ... kissing ALWAYS says LOVE ... so that's the route I took. I can't wait to see how YOU interpret our challenge this week!!

Our Spotlight sponsor this week is...

(click HERE to go to store.)

**One lucky winner from our challenge in Mister Linky this week drawn from random.org will receive a 10 pounds gift voucher to spend in the store!!**


AND PLEASE ... if you need more inspiration, just pop on over to the other DIVA's blogs (linked in my sidebar) ... they will amaze you with their talents!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! We're still trying to keep warm & safe here in NE Ohio! I guess I shouldn't complain ... it is January after all!!! Take Care!!

13 comments:

  1. That is absolutely stunning Darlene!! I am especially loving the sentiment. How heartfelt and beautiful!! Great image and design. Awesome take on the challenge! Gorgeous Valentine!!

    Have a great weekend!!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Darlene!!! This is one fabulous creation. I love your take on the challenge today, that image, colors, and sentiment are soooooo wonderful!!! Love it girl!!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dar! (can I call you Dar?...LOL)

    I LOVE this one! It is absolutely gorgeous hun...beautiful papers, and I LOVE the splash of that teal and those pearls....oh, and that sentiment is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl....you can't get more romantic than this!!! I just adore it!! That sentiment panel is sooo gorgeous!! What a beautiful creation with a stunning Vintage flair!!! You rock lady!! Enjoy your weekend sweetie!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful sentiment and your elements are the perfect way to showcase it! Love that vintage couple and the background DPs really make it pop while adding to the superb elegance!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Darlene. Perfect for the challenge. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Darlene! Who needs hearts with all that kissing going on?! Fabulous job on the challenge, my friend! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a tough challenge for me..I kept wanting to add a heart..I think kissing is perfect..Great vintage card Darlene..They look so in love..

    ReplyDelete
  9. This does SCREAM love! You know dar, that no one can do vintage quite like you. I'm mad about that image and the colors you chose to use. This is a fun challenge, I may have to give this one a whirl!(When the kiddos are gone)
    Blessings
    kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on the theme. what a gorgeous card and love filled sentiment!!!! really says love

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh how romantic, I love it!!! Gorgeous card Dar!!!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! No need for hearts here! The love is oozing off of your card. I am picturing him just returning from a military deployment. And of course, I love the teal :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. MM, Darlene, that is a challenge with a change, must have a go..now that I have a lovely new heater in the shed, and it is toasty warm....love your card. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.