Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's SATURDAY SPOTLIGHT time ...

The Spotlight Divas would like to challenge you to GET WILD WITH YOUR SNOWFLAKES!! Use LOTS of them on your creation or use them in a unique way like making a wreath or a fun snowflake flower. Just get 'wild' with them!!

For our Spotlight sponsor this week we have...

(click HERE to go to store.)

**One lucky winner from our challenge in Mister Linky this week drawn from random.org will receive $25.00 towards the purchase of Hambo's Digital Designs!** Wow! (This is enough to get as many as 6-8 images! I've been told they've just added some brand new ones too!)


For my creation, I decided to use snowflakes in a unique way and make a circle wreath using the Martha Stewart snowflake punch in which my SU "A Wish for Peace" focus image is centered upon. The snowflake paper is from Creative Memories, sentiment is by Sarasota Stamps, satin ribbon from Michaels and ribbon tag is by Spellbinders. I have also used silver Stickles for the center of my snowflakes.

I hope you are inspired to join in on the fun. AND, if you need further inspiration, please check out the creations by my Diva Sistah's ... listed below...

*Vicki Parsons (Creator/Coordinator)
*Chris Olsen (Coordinator)

Boni Boutelle-Jones
Crystal Irwin
Dawn Burnworth
Erin Bailey
Jessica George
Jodi Ann-Lee
Maria Matter

We are SO THRILLED to see so many of you joining us in the challenge ... THANK YOU!!!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!! It's going to be in the 40's here in NE Ohio ... wow is that going to feel good compared to the bitter cold we've been experiencing for several weeks now! Happy Day Everyone!!!

15 comments:

  1. Good morning Dar!! Girl, you really know how to work them snowflakes!! This is so creative!! I love how you've used the snowflakes for framing your image...which is awesome too!! The colors are fabulous and another awesome post lady!! Hope you enjoy your weekend my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Darlene!! I love that skater image! One of my fave SU sets. Haven't inked it up in a while though...Love your colors and design!! Awesome take on today's snowflake challenge!
    hugs,
    Chris

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even with all of those snowflakes, it's such a warm card Dar! LOVE all of those flakes, and the tint of blues you used....great sentiment, image, and yummy ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved this stamp. It brings back great memories. We used to ice skate on my dad's creek when we were little. I never had a great outfit like this or a handsome guy but sure did have fun. Great snowflakes for your frame too.Hugs and have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, my goodness I LOVE this SU set and the way you used your snowflakes looks AWESOME!!! LOVE the framing!!!! Awesome card and FANTASTIC job with the challenge girl! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene, my goodness I LOVE this SU set and the way you used your snowflakes looks AWESOME!!! LOVE the framing!!!! Awesome card and FANTASTIC job with the challenge girl! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Darlene I just love this card infact I am going to case it!!!! It's fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your skater card, Dar! So beautiful surrounded by all those lovely snowflakes!

    Had my daughter's surprise party last night--we succeeded--she was TOTALLY surprised! That made me so happy, she was so happy--it was great! I'm really tired now, but I can just focus on getting ready for CHA...

    Hope you enjoy your "balmy" weather this week! Sending some warm California love your way...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an awesome way to use this fun punch; the snowflake border is a perfect accent to this wonderful vintage winter image!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabby card. Love the snowflakes around the image, which by the way, is gorgeous! Love the blue too!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Gorgeous card!! I love all of the snowflakes, you really did live up to the Challenge!!
    Love the image you used too!!
    Hugs
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous hun, love the snowflake frame!!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhh..la...la! Very pretty and love the sparkle of the stickles :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely gorgeous Darlene!! All the snowflakes are awesome! Fantastic image and sentiment!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.