Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Yum ... Yum ... for Bubblegum

Hello everyone! I just wanted to share with you another image Penny from Creations by Penny now has available in her digi store. How cute is this bubblegum machine!! I have an order for children's birthday cards and thought this would be perfect ... what do you think???


Here is the list of items used on this Happy Birthday card:

stamps: Stampcraft (sentiment)
paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Grey Junebug dp
ink: Versafine black
accessories: digi image, Prismacolor markers, Spellbinder ribbon tag, Offray yellow satin ribbon, Crystal Effects, various colored ZIG round tip markers


For my second card, I created the upper portion of my background paper using the Martha Stewart San Serif Alphabet clear stamps to spellout "gumball". The lower portion designer paper is DCWV. After printing my gumball image, I used Prismacolor markers to color then cut the image out with my Fiskar's swivel craft knife. This way, I could give it a little more dimension by popping it up on the background panel created using the Nestabilities Labels 9 die. For added detail, I've used a Creative Memories fine tip red marker to do faux stitching around the edge and added red dew drops. Of course the Crystal Effects used on the gumball machine is the perfect finishing touch to "give it life"!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I hope you're having a GREAT day! I know I am ... {ssshhh, I'm at the hairdresser's having a total make over} ... the perfect way to lift your spirits at the beginning of a new year!!

24 comments:

  1. Oh so adorable Dar!! I love that image adn the way you've used it here is fabulous!! Love the shiny glass!! ;) Have a great day and stay warm my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darlene!! Happy New Year!! Hope your year has started out beautifully!! All is great here.. Thinking about trip to Mackinaw City this summer. Are you in??
    Great card too.!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN FUN OOOO I just love that bubble gum machine...TOOOO CUTE and great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darlene! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. I am in Euclid, OH. I follow your blog and am awed at all your beautiful creations and how much you get done! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable cards, Darlene & a great idea for kids birthday cards! You're such a clever girl!

    Can't wait to see your "makeover" pictures! What a fun way to start the New Year! Much love sent to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE that you made the glass look real. Both cards rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Dar, both cards are terrific! Your glass does look real. You did an amazing job on both cards, as always. I hope you enjoyed your day of make over, sounds like fun.
    Blessings,
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cards. Love your patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like them both. They came out so cute. What is this you and Boni always getting "orders" for cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're both perfect Dar! Great job with the gumballs...I love how you made the clear part of the machine look shiny like glass...too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The kid b-day cards are perfect and so are you, with or without a makeover! I guess I got one too this year -- since I am now gallbladder-less! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both great!!!! The top one is perfect for a kids birthday!!! I love how you turned the Nestabilities die like that, very clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are just so cute!! And your Valentine cards - delightful!! How's that for a new descriptive - lol! I hope you had a wonderful time having your makeover. Dru

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks real.. I love the glossy glass look..A make over sounds so nice right now..Winter dull drums have set in...

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a cute image! I love your happy cards Dar!!! great job!
    Blessings, maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such fun cards, Darlene! Nice & cheerful for these snow-laden days! I hope you had a wonderful time getting pampered!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute, cute, cute! LOVE that gumball image and how you highlighted it in both cards! Hope you had a fantastic time at your makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey i am new here. I came accross this board I find It vastly accommodating and its helped me out loads. I hope to contribute and aid others like it has helped me.

    Cheers, Catch You Around

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heya im new here. I hit upon this forum I have found It quite accessible & it's helped me out tons. I should be able to give something back and assist other users like it has helped me.

    Thank's, Catch You Around.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heya im fresh here, I came accross this message board I have found It truly accessible & it has helped me so much. I should be able to contribute & guide other users like it has helped me.

    Thanks, Catch You Around.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aloha i am new on here. I came accross this chat board I find It exceedingly helpful & its helped me loads. I hope to contribute & support others like it has helped me.

    Thanks, See Ya Around

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whats's Up i am new on here, I hit upon this website I find It extremely useful and it's helped me alot. I should be able to give something back & support other people like its helped me.

    Thanks, See Ya Around.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sup i'm new here. I came accross this site I find It amply accessible and its helped me a lot. I should be able to contribute and help others like it has helped me.

    Cheers, Catch You Later.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Whats's Up i am new to this, I came accross this site I find It quite useful and it's helped me alot. I hope to contribute & guide other people like its helped me.

    Cheers, Catch You Later

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.