Monday, February 1, 2010

Birthday Creations for my Aunt Jenny & EXCITING NEWS!

While visiting with my mom last week for her birthday, my Aunt Jenny requested I make her some birthday cards to have on hand.  She said I could bring them with me the next time I get to Pennsylvania (where mom lives) but since I don't know when that will be, I'm going to drop them in the mail to her tomorrow ... she'll be surprised.  

The cards I created for her are of a more "simplistic" style.  Not too many layers or ribbons ... don't need the extra cost for postage!  The aqua card (top middle) is actually only designer paper with a sentiment stamped in the upper left corner.  The image used on the yellow card (bottom middle) is a digi sketch created by my friend Teri Sherman.  Please check out her digi store called Delicious Doodles.  
And since Aunt Jenny has SIL & grandsons, I thought I'd better make her a few masculine birthday cards too.   The two lower cards were made using my Stampscapes!   I always seem to reach for these images anytime I need something masculine!  (click on images for a larger view)


NOW FOR MY EXCITING NEW!!!!
  
The wonderful Cheryl Goldstein at STAMP BY STEP has honored me with the position of Guest Designer for February!  How awesome is that!!  If you've never visited STAMP BY STEP ... you are missing some wonderful products, samples & prices!!  Cheryl offers so many wonderful products for your scrapbooking & card making needs and is also in the process of adding some new products to her inventory.  Just to mention a few ... designer papers like Graphic45, Webster's Pages, Tim Holtz and Donna Salazar.  Pop on over and check out her NEW PRODUCTS along with EVERYTHING ELSE she has to offer.  She has a number of items at REDUCED  price ... don't miss out!!!



Cheryl was kind enough to send me some awesome 7Gypsies designer paper, ribbons & flowers to help me create a few creations in my favorite style - VINTAGE ... which I will begin sharing with you next week but for today, I've used this adorable image called "Squeaky Love" which was offered by Cheryl as a FREEBIE.  Isn't he cute!!  (click the image for a larger view)  Here are the products I've used for this card:
Stamps: Squeaky Love Digi Set
Papers:  7Gypsies, whisper white cs, double mates cs
Accessories: Vintage Burgundy 1/4" ribbon (from Stamp By Step), crystal effects, pop dots, Nestabilities dies, brad from Target, Prisma pencils, Gamsol, sponge


My second card uses the same Squeaky Love digi set and is A-6 in size.  Being a digital image, I have printed it out a little larger than the images on my previous A-2 sized card.  I've used SU watercolor pencils & blender pen for my coloring and here is a list of ALL items used on this creation:
Stamps:  Squeaky Love Digi Set
Papers:  Whisper White cs, Basic Grey June Bug dp, Bazzill gray cs
Ink:  Versafine black
Accessories: Fiskars swivel craft knife, pop dots, sheer ribbon from Stamp By Step, ZIG 2-way glue, watercolor pencils, blender pen


Throughout the month I'll be sharing new creations with you each week using products which are available to you at STAMP BY STEP.  Please pop over and take a peek at what Cheryl has in her store for your paper crafting needs!  You won't be sorry!  I know I have my list ready to submit!  


Thanks for stopping by today and sharing in my creations & excitement!  I really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day!  HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!!!

12 comments:

  1. WOW - Well done hun!! Congrats on the GDT spot! And thanks for plugging me little ole store too!! Fabulous card with the rose image, in fact these are all fabulous!!
    BIG hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful birthday cards, Darlene! I'm sure your aunt will be thrilled with them!

    Congratulations on your guest designer spot! Your mice cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Darlene!!!!! WOW HUGE CONGRATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big Congrats to you, my friend! I just knew it was something in which your amazing talents were being showcased!
    I love your cards. Your little mouse is cuuuute as can be!
    And how sweet are the cards for your aunt. You are a true gem!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice thing to do for your Aunt, Darlene! She will love all the wonderful cards you made for her!

    Congrats on the guest DT job--well done! Your cards are adorable! Hope you're having a great 1st day of February--thanks for the sweet message at my place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Darlene!! You will make some awesome cards I know!!
    Love the batch you did for your aunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are very pretty cards!! Your aunt will surely love them all!
    Congratulations on your guest DT position too!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, let me just say..
    WOOT WOOT, way to go Darlene on your GDT for Stamp by Step! that's fabulous!

    Your cards are amazing...all of them, your Aunt will be so pleased!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations. You will do a terrific job on this guest stint...I am very happy for you..Love your blog look..I need spring after shoveling 6 in of snow for 3 hours..Your aunt will love your beautiful creations..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for you Dar!! That is fantastic news girly!! :) I love your fun creations here and I know you'll do such great things during your time with Stamp by Step!!

    I know that Aunt Jenny will love them all!! ;) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey chick! Wow you've been busy! Sorry to break the news to you, but those cards don't seem simplistic at all! They are wonderful! The scenes you built are spectacular! WOW! Congrats on your guest DT gig! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMY but you have been busy! LOL I LOVE them all!! And thank you so much for the awesome plug to the store and for Cheryl. She really is TOPS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.