Friday, March 26, 2010

Raise The Bar Challenge #11 - April Fool


Can you believe we are in the last week of March!  
April Fool's Day is next week then right around the corner EASTER!!  

Well, today on Raise The Bar, our challenge is APRIL FOOL!  No don't go playing jokes on your friends & neighbors ... instead, FOOL US by creating a card or project using a style that is NOT your usual!  

My favorite style is Vintage and I find CAS (clean & simple) creations to be my least favorite because I keep thinking the card needs SOMETHING MORE!!!  So, that is the direction I took for my challenge card today.
(click on image for larger view)
By inking up one side of the Cuttlebug Stylized Flowers embossing folder with SU Bermuda Bay ink, I have created my background panel.  After removing it from the embossing folder and cleaning the folder, I have turned it around (upside-down) and ran it through again for a double embossing.  

My sentiment is one of our notorious leader Joni's ... from her Inktegrity Store.  I cut it out using a Nestabilities long rectangle die and sponging the edges with Bermuda Bay ink before removing it from the die.  My base card is Teal Green and Liquid Pearls were used in the lower corner for embellishment.

Please be sure to check out the awesome, inspirational creations by the other Bar Tenders ... links to their blogs can be found on my sidebar!
 

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Darlene. I've got to try that technique with an embossing folder sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!

    I haven't figured out what my "style" is! I'm a mishmash! A mutt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Dar!! Love the color and what a fun tech!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did CAS so well Dar! I do have to admit that I missed your signature style this week. I look forward to your vintage flair as you do it effortlessly and with such grace! Thank you for being you Dar!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.