Monday, August 30, 2010

Joan's Gardens Workshop

As you know, I have been MIA due to my driving out to Indiana to help Joan (Joan's Gardens) get set up & ready for her August Workshop which took place this past Saturday!  What a WONDERFUL time!  GREAT projects, FUN demos and FABULOUS food!!  It was so nice to meet up again with some of the ladies I met at Joan's last workshop in the Spring ... and ... to make new friends too!  Here's a GROUP photo taken in front of Joan & Jon's beautiful outdoor setting!!

 Joan came up with some awesome projects for us this time (as always) and I must also give credit to her designer Selma Stevenson who helped with project ideas!


This first project is a luminary which is just precious!  (my photos aren't the greatest ... sorry ... I'm sure Joan will have better to share with you this week!)











Joan has used a Fabreeze home accent stand but she gave us all those little battery powered candles to use inside ours ... isn't this precious!!  You can click on the image to enlarge.


Next is a really FUN tag made using the new Tim Holtz techniques & products that Joan is now carrying!  This was great fun and may have been the favorite project (not sure)!
The pumpkin was cut on the Cricket machine using Tim's new Grunge Paper.  Then we ran it through the Cuttlebug for the embossing and colored it using Tim's distress inks & perfect pearls.  The really GREAT FUN part of doing this tag was that everyone's came out a little different ... using the same products!!


Lastly is this awesome card (again sorry ... bad photo) using the new Cuttlebug folders that cut & emboss all in one roll through!
This beautiful watering can is from Heartfelt Creations and is called "Posey Patch Garden Delights".  


One of the highlights of my day was to meet an online friend from Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply group BARB SCHRAM (Explore, Dream, Discover) in person!  What a sweet, sweet lady and we had a wonderful time getting to know each other!!  Barb & I both did demos for Joan this time and it was a lot of fun!


Well, that's it for this post ... there will be more to come today!  As I said in my last post ... lots to catch up on!  Now I really must get off the computer and get my shower!  Yikes ... it's nearly lunchtime and I haven't even had breakfast yet!  Gotta go ....   thanks for stopping!!

 

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!! That sure looks like a fun time with great friends to me!! :) What darling creations!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darlene! It was so good to see you again at Joan's on Saturday. Awesome projects and lots of fun! Hugs, Vickie Y

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've been busy having a great time, my friend! So glad to see all the new friends you're making and the beautiful cards you're creating!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, thanks so much for coming early and helping me get ready for the workshop. I couldn't have been ready without you! You were great help.

    Thanks also for doing your presentation of the box and cards. We all loved it and I can't wait to make some for gifts.

    It was a beautiful day, inside and out and we certainly had a great time. It was a joy having you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a blast Darlene!! Your creations are gorgeous!!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun!! I bet you just had the best time and your creations are just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.