Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Stockings were hung . . .

. . . by the chimney with care.  With hopes that St. Nicolas soon would be there!  ...  

 Yes, another Christmas Morning has come & gone and we were certainly blessed again this year.  My immediate family is small but I'm very proud of them and who they are! Would you like to meet them?

 Daughter, Carolyn and SIL, Frank are wonderful, caring people and great parents to our two beautiful grandchildren.  I may have only had one child but she is ALL the goodness of many children wrapped into one body & soul!


Granddaughter, Morgan holds a special place in my heart ... being my first grandchild.  She's growing up to be such a beautiful, good hearted young lady and will one day (many years from now!) make someone a wonderful wife & mother to his children!  
Sitting next to Morgan is C.J. ... Mo's boyfriend who had a very serious car accident back in March, 2010 and only by the grace of God is he able to be with us this holiday season.  Still having to wear a leg brace in order to walk, C.J. remains on the path to a full recovery and with a lot of work and faith in God, we pray one day he will be back to 100% health.

Grandson, Jonathan is 13 and filled with excitement & energy ALL the time.  His two biggest loves are racing his junior dragster and hunting with his dad!  He's had his license and been hunting since he was 9 years old and is very good at it.  He has the racing trophies & deer head mounted on his bedroom wall to prove it!  New cami cover alls & coat were certainly in order this year ... he is growing taller with each passing day!  (And yes, he's already taller than me ... who isn't! LOL)  Soon he'll be bending over to give me a hug ... but for now I'm enjoying being able to hug & kiss him ... face to face!

 Last but not least, my amazing husband, Mark.  Every day he is by my side is Christmas for me.  Many of you know that Mark battled cancer in the recent past and by God's graces he is now cancer-free and enjoying another Christmas morning with me & the kids.  


Yes, my family may be small but each one of them fills my heart with love & joy and I couldn't ask for more!  I hope you had as wonderful a Christmas Day as we did.  It's just so hard to believe that another year has nearly come & gone!  Blessings to you all in 2011 and thanks for stopping by to meet my loved ones!  


Darlene

4 comments:

  1. Darlene - thanks for posting about your beautiful family, you are 'truly blessed'!
    ♥ Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the most lovely little family, Dar! I am glad that you had a fabulous holiday! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a VERY beautiful family Dar!! I don't even have to ask to know that you had a very blessed Christmas my friend!! I do hope that Santa was able to bring you lots of crafty things!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, I consider it a blessing to meet your family. You are truly blessed indeed. So are we for knowing you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.