Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Day to Share . . .

 HAPPY OVER THE HUMP DAY EVERYONE!  
WOW!  Where's the time going??  
October is right around the corner!
This week went by so quickly, I nearly MISSED the challenge 
at Joan's Gardens!  Yikes!!

Here is what you need to do for Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge #2
■  Create a Christmas Card
■  Create an embossed background using Selma's Technique

■  Used Striped designer paper
■  Gold emboss your sentiment
 
With that in mind, here's what I came up with . . .




Recipe for this card is as follows:
   Stamp:   SU 'Home For Christmas' sentiment stamp
   Paper:  White cs (6 x 5-1/2), BoBunny 'Father Christmas Collection' dp purchased at Joan's Gardens, Gold Metallic cs
   Ink:  Versamark
   Accessories:  Gold Sparkle embossing powder,  Recollections Mulberry Paper Holly Leaves (Michaels), Cuttlebug snowflake EF, Gold Pilot marker (edging), gold Stickles, pop dots, Spellbinder classic circle dies



I don't typically do a lot of heat embossing because it never seems to come out as nice as I would like it to ... but I'm very happy with today's outcome.  Hope you like it too!   Remember to pop over to Joan's Gardens each THURSDAY for a brand new challenge and prizes.

  * * * * * * * * * *

I hadn't taken the time over the past couple of weeks (hubby's on vacation & under foot, LOL) to share with you the creations I've made for the Crafty Secrets Forum of Splitcoast Stamper

CSSC188 was hosted by LoriLynn and she asked us to use BUTTONS along with our Crafty Secrets products.  Here is the card I made using an image from the CS 'Down On The Farm' stamp set . . .


Then for CSSC189, yours truly was the hostess and I asked everyone to use up their SCRAPS along with Crafty Secrets products for their creations.  Here's mine using CS 'Bird Lovers' stamp set . . .
This week's CSSC190 is hosted by Joanne and she has us 'Over The Rainbow' ... using the theme literally or just the colors of the rainbow along with your CS products.  I decided to use the Wizard of Oz theme for my creation.  I grabbed this free image from the internet to make my background paper ... then used the adorable little witch from CS 'Halloween Fun' stamp set . . .


Thanks for stopping by today and for any comment you might leave!  I ALWAYS enjoy hearing what you have to say or any suggestions you may have!  Enjoy the rest of your week and do something FUN!!!  Life is short ... enjoy every moment you can with the ones you love doing what you love to do!

Hugs,
Darlene

3 comments:

  1. Darlene I love all your cards today each one is so unique. I have to say my fav is the little witch how cute is she!!! And I love the Christmas one too and LOL LOL I can keep going as I said great job my friend!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Darlene.... you have been busy! I love your elegant Christmas card! Love the embossing! I also love all the others! Love the scraps one! I wish I had known about that thread... I have some scraps I could have used but time... that's the issue here! LOL! Love all your cards! Hope you have a great week!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene all your cards are so pretty. Well if you have trouble with heat embossing it doesn't show here. You did a great job with the challenge and your card is beautiful. Thank you for joining us in the challenge at Joan's Gardens again this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.