Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Neighborhood Holiday Party


Well, I'm happy to report that our Neighborhood Holiday Party was another wonderful success!  

Great Fun!
Great Food!
Great Friends!

Over the years, we've tried to have a Get Together around the holidays for our neighbors.  It seems that everyone is so busy all summer long with their kids sports & vacations, that no one has time to just sit and chat!   And it's come to be a time we all look forward to.  Of course, I LOVE to entertain (I'm a huge PEOPLE PERSON) and Mark (though he won't admit it) loves visiting with everyone too!  He's always great at helping me prepare the menu and doing the cooking.  I really think he should have been a chef!


I didn't think to have everyone get together for a Group Photo like I did last year, but I did grab the camera and snap a few shots here & there.  This year our menu consisted of Swedish Meatballs, Fried Chicken & JoJos, Spinach Dip in Pumpernickel Bread Bowl, Shrimp Cocktail, Cheese & Meat tray, Mushroom Salad (recipe at bottom of post),  Fruit  and my wonderful Jordanian neighbor Hala brought homemade Hummus and Spinach/Cheese Pie.

Within a few hours, there were 25 people throughout my house and the chit-chat was buzzing!  A little later in the evening the men were in the livingroom watching the football game and the ladies were chatting around the kitchen table.  What a wonderful relaxing evening!!  It's so fabulous to have good neighbors who you can also call your friends!!


Here's that MUSHROOM SALAD RECIPE I promised you!

4 - 7.3 oz. cans/jars of Button Mushrooms
1 - 14 oz. can of Hearts of Palm (cut in pieces if whole)
2 - cans of Artichoke Hearts (halved or quartered)
1 cup small black olives (pitted)
1 bunch green onions chopped
6 cloves garlic (minces)

Cubed Pepperoni
Cubed Mozzarella Cheese

DRESSING:
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tblsp. Italian Seasoning

Mix all  ingredients (except pepperoni & cheese) together, place in large zip lock bag ... add dressing and let marinade in refrigerator at least 2 hours.  Shortly before serving, add pepperoni & cheese to mixture.  Pour into serving bowl & top with a little shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional).

Mmmmm ... so good!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you've been enjoying some of the recipes I've been sharing with you through out the past week or so.  Now to get some crafting done!  Why is it I just can't seem to get caught up?  Too much partying I suppose!  LOL!!

Happy Day Everyone!!
Hugs,
Darlene

2 comments:

  1. It was a great time! The food was fabulous!!! It was so nice to get to visit with everyone...it was amazing the roar of all the voices through the house. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like alot of fun and I gotta say that mushroom recipe looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.