Saturday, June 16, 2012

Birthdays and Enjoying Life

Happy Weekend Everyone!

I hope you're having a FABULOUS start to your weekend!  It's supposed to be another HOT weekend here in NE Ohio, USA so I just might have to hang out in my 'cave' a bit more today!  I do have a few things to share with you today so bear with me as it might be a bit of a long posting ...



This is the birthday card I made for the little girl next door who will be 8 this weekend.  She LOVES sparkle, the color PINK and big flowers.  She ALWAYS has a big flower in her hair so we got her a gift card from the Icing/Claire's Boutique store so she can buy more pretty, sparkly things.

I actually used the sketch challenge this week over on Splitcoast Stampers as my base for this creation and since I wanted to make a homemade flower for Emily (which I hope to turn into a hair beret later) I've put the card in a clear case instead of an envelope.  She'll think that's pretty special too!

A few qualifying challenges:
Send A Smile 4 Kids - Birthday Fun for Kids
 Crafty Ann's Challenge - It's A Girl Thing
Fairy Tale Challenge - Gift Card Holder
Stampin' for the Weekend - Bugs/Butterflies
 
* * * * *
You've heard me mention my wonderful husband several times here on my blog but you rarely SEE him because he does NOT let me take photos of him very often.  He's a real gem and I'm so glad that he remains cancer free and healthy enough to retire and enjoy life!  Thursday was such a BEAUTIFUL day (upper 70s - low 80s) that we took our lunch up into our picnic area and sat at the picnic table that he built several years ago and enjoyed the sunshine, cool air, squirrels scurrying about and the birds on the bird bath.


Just to the left of where Mark is sitting is a cherry tree that is just loaded with cherries this year!  I really need to trim some of the low hanging branches to make my mowing easier but if I do that, then I can't reach the cherries to pick & eat!  I think I'll just keep 'ducking' the branches ... don't want to miss out on these sweet treats!
SEE ... I told you it was loaded!!
They are small but very sweet.  Of course all the BEAUTIFUL ones are out of my reach ... hmmm, maybe I could drag the ladder up there and get enough to make a pie!  I'll have to think about that one!!

Well, that's about it for today.  Thanks so much for stopping by and remember ...

ENJOY EACH DAY ... TELL YOUR FAMILY YOU LOVE THEM ...
FOR WE NEVER KNOW WHAT'S WAITING AROUND THE CORNER!

Hugs to you my friend ...
Darlene

21 comments:

  1. Stunning card, gorgeous colours and wonderful flower and butterflies.
    Love the photos too

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily will LOVE her card...almost as she loves both of you. There's something so relaxing about a picnic and I'm grateful you and Pap get to have this time together. You're right...he is a true GEM and a blessing to all of us. And if you make a pie...you better post beginning to end...in my opinion you are the pie master...always have been. Love you Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and the little girl will be so pleased with your creation xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow hunnie pie or should i just call you cherry.lol!!!.the card is gorgeous shell adore it as it was surely made with love..the clear box is a cool idea did you buy them?...and as for a picnic i wish its awful weather here inthe uk..rain high winds..no chance of genjoying the garden..have a wnderful day love sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card. I love the flower you made with the Build a Flower dies. What a great area for a picnic. I'm looking forward to seeing you next month and hope you bring one of your cherry pies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card! Sounds,like it's a perfect match to her style! Love your back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun Darlene, I love the swirl and flower- looks like some products I am fond of using...lol
    Just wanted to pop in and say hello...I forgot you lived so close to me sweetie.
    I am so jealous of the cherry tree, one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  8. The card for Emily turned out so cute she will love it!!!! She is so lucky to have you as a neighbor. The garden picture is so beautiful, what a relaxing serene place to sit and enjoy God's creation!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene, your card is so very wonderfull! I love not just the card but also the fab little box you have made for it!
    Unbeliefable what a beautifull place you have found for your picnic! I also have a hubby who don´t allow to make much photos. So this one must be a little tresure for you as it´s the same with the photos of my hubby too. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dar...so glad to see your hubby! I remember several years ago when he was so sick...how marvelous to see him enjoying life.

    Your cards, as usual are full of joy and beauty...thanks for sharing your love of the craft.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your young neighbour is going to be thrilled with this card :)
    Great colours and a wonderful flower.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    x
    Love your picnic area, such a lovely place to sit and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful, that flower is fabulous.
    thanks for playing with us at Stampin' for the Weekend.
    hugs,
    Chris V - easily amused

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card Darlene, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful birthday card for a child! Any girl would love to receive this! Thanks for sharing it with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids, and hope to see you back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pics and yes....life is a blessing! So happy your hubby remains healthy and cancer free! By the way...cherries are one of my fav fruits...yum! Oh and such a gorgeous card...the colors are so vivid and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous colours wonderful flower and butterflies.Thanks For Sharing...
    Plastic Cards

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ein schönes Werk in tollen Farben.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Fairy tale Challenge. Liebe Grüße.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card and well presented, thanks for sharing at the SAS4Kids, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful flower, I love the color combo and the packaging along with your card are so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SAS 4 Kids in our "Birthday Fun" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.