Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Challenging myself . . .

Happy Wednesday Blogging Friends!

Last evening while I was playing around in my 'cave' ... I decided to check out the Tuesday Challenges over on Feline Playful and see how many I could put into ONE CREATION!  


I decided to start out with an empty Cricut cartridge box (thanks Stephanie for sending these to me) and as I started to decorate it,I looked through the challenges listed and kept some of them in mind.  Wasn't sure where I was headed but here's what I ended up with ... I'm pretty happy with the outcome!


Products used in this creation are:
Papers:  Gift wrapping paper, olive cardstock,
Accessories:  K&Co. Chipboard bird & butterfly, Michael's satin ribbons, Prima flowers, Rafia, Wild Orchid Flowers, Cheery Lynn Designs (B117S) Fanciful Flourish die, (B147) Olive Branches, (B119) Tropical Leaves, Hat Pin, Jewelry beads, Clear gems, Dew Drops



The 'paper' is actually wrapping paper that came in the mail as a gift from one of the organization that we send money to from time to time.  The first challenge that I spotted was FLOWERS so I thought this would be a great starting point.  Here are the Tuesday challenges I used for this creation . . .
Bearly Mine - Flowers
Clear It Out Challenge - Anything Goes - Use 2 or more ribbons
ColourQ #142 - Soft Sky, Island Indigo, Crushed Curry, Cameo Coral, Vanilla
Creative Card Crew #13 - Easy as 1,2,3 (1-Bird, 2-Ribbons, 3+ Flowers)
Lady Bug Crafts Ink TLT - Double Trouble (2 of something)
LEJ Designs - Recycle Something (cricut box & wrapping paper)
Paper & Such - Feathered Friends  -  listed but shows challenge is closed
Papertake Weekly - Bingo! (ribbon-free-blooms)

I'm sure there are other challenges this creation qualifies for ... I will be sure to check them out and add them here later in the day.  But, for now, I'd like to share a couple other things with you.

EDIT:  A few more qualifying challenges for my altered Cricut box
 The Cheerful Stamp Pad - In the Garden
Crafty Cardmakers #70 - NO cards, tags or ATCs
Lollipop Crafts #83 - Flowers in Bloom [2nd entry]
The Crazy Challenge - Recipe (ribbon, gems, dies) [2nd entry]
 There She Goes Clear Stamps - Winged Things (Bird and Butterfly)
UnstampaBelles Challenge - Ribbons
Use Your Stuff #38 - Make it by hand (decorative pin)
Creative Belli Blog - Anything But A Card
Divas by Design - Diecuts
Simon Says - Anything But A Card
Stampavie and more - Things with Wings


As you can see (if you are a follower of my blog), I'm hooked on FANCY FOLD cards at the moment.  Especially the Tri-Shutter style!  So last evening I also made TWO more ... this time BABY was my theme.  Here's a peek . . .

 One for 'Baby Girl' . . .
My flower is homemade using the same designer paper and the PunchBunch 'Begonia' punch purchased through Joan's Gardens.

 And, one that could go either for 'Baby Girl' OR 'Baby Boy'
Again, the flower was homemade using the same punch but this time I used #65 pale blue paper and inked the edges with TH 'broken china' ink before conditioning and creating my flower using the McGill Flower Making Kit also purchased through Joan's Gardens.

Qualifying challenges for my Baby Tri-Shutter Cards:
Crafty Creations Challenge - Baby
Tammy's Scrapin Corner - Ribbon or Bows
Great Impressions - Punches & Dies (3rd entry)
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Fancy Folds
Something else real quick before my timer goes off telling me I need to get upstairs and get the pork chops started for dinner ...
I'd like to share with you a couple photos I took this morning as I gazed out into our back yard!

Yep ... Mallard ducks!  The most I've ever seen in our yard at one time!
1-female and 7-male


And then a few hours later, this little guy shows up!  
A BLACK SQUIRREL!!
We have several (in fact, 5 new babies) gray squirrels in our picnic area, but this guy came from across the way where I've seen a few black squirrels ... but RARELY in our woods!  Guess he must have gotten the word that I filled all the feeders yesterday!  LOL

OKAY ... my timer just went off so I'd better get upstairs!
Thanks so much for stopping by today and letting me share my creations and life with you!
HUGS,
Darlene

49 comments:

  1. Darlene~ I absolutely love that altered Cricut box! Such detail!! Love the bird and the butterfly too. The shutter cards are beautiful as well...I really need to make one of those...been on the to-do list for too long now! LOL! Thanks for joining us this week at Jackson's Digital Expressions! Hope to see your work again in the future!

    Kathi
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what amazing creations!!! LOVE all the gorgeous and vibrant colors you used--these are stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darlene
    So much lovely stuff to look at from you today. The beautifully decorated box is stunning. Your cards are gorgeous and fabulous photos too - thank you for sharing
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa- Gorjuss creation- you really made this recycled project just incredible! And, how beautiful are the tri-shutter cards- the flowers are just beautiful.
    I love all of your backyard fun- we have a duck family that waddles through our yard and goes to my neighbors- she feeds them- and the squirrels..... which brings raccoons too..... How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely altered piece! Thanks for playing along with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. You are the Queen of Challenges Darlene. Your box is stunning. I love your Tri-Shutter baby card too. It must be lovely to have all things nature living beside you. I have never seen a black squirrel until now, and thosebeautiful Mallards are fascintating too. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the altered Cricut Box also. I have over 220 cartridges and I have them on my gypsy so I really did not need to use the cartridge each time that I cut. I moved ALL of my cartridges and manuals into the storage trays. Then I packed all the boxes away because my hubby thinks that I should hold on to them. Maybe when I show him your altered Cricut Box he will let me start using them also as gift boxes.

    Your cards are beautiful! Thank you for the inspiration
    Marjorie from TX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your altered box, fab colours and embellishments.
    Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your altered box is stunning. Beautiful flower arrangement on the front and what a terrific gift idea. Thanks so much for joining in our Ribbon challenge at Unstampabelles. Also enjoyed the squirrel photos not something I see normally.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ab fab make, stunning flowers xx
    Thank for joining us at LEJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Dar, how creative!!! I just love that baby card!!What a great idea for the empty box!!! Almost too pretty to use it!! Love your duck pics!! Stop on over at my blog to see my latest pics and creations! I've been out of the groove for a couple of months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Gorgeous projects, so beautiful. Thanks for joining in on the fun at JDE,
    DT CAS Leader, Berni

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your altered Cricut box is to die for! And your cards are simply gorgeous. Wonderful use of DP and flowers! We are so happy to see your projects at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just gorgeously creative. Loved all the folds and textures. Lovely pics of nature as well. Have a great Thursday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  15. a great altered box - love all the flowers and ribbons used. Thanks for joining in UnstampaBelles Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the backyard photos and the lifestock! Great project - lots of work in it. Thanks for sharing this with us at Unstambabelles ribbon challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgious, I love your ribbon roses. Thanks for joining in our ribbon challenge at Unstampabelles this month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the altered Cricut Cartridge container! Great attention to detail and awesome dimensions! Thanks for playing along with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the altered Cricut Cartridge container! Awesome dimensions and attention to details! Thanks for playing along with Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just beautiful! Roses are stunning,Thanks for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What great projects! Thanks for joining the colourQ challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love what you have done to this box - and a great idea to put the seeds inside!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh wow love that recycled box.. so pretty
    Thanks for joining us at LCI this week for our Double Trouble challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did a great job filling all those challenges-lol. I love your cricut box redo, it's fabulous!!!!
    Thanks a bunch for playing along with us at the Clear It Out Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. The shutter card addiction is hard to break. Took me a while! These are just beautiful. I love what you did with the Cricut box, just wonderful! I am so glad you joined us at Jackson's Digital Expressions. I hope to see more of you great projects is our weekly challenges.

    Big Hugz,
    Chana, DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Darlene you have been busy : ) all your creations are beautiful. You can enter unlimited times and any new creation at Tammy's Scrapin Corner, good luck with your cards hope to see you next week too. Elisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW, what a transformation. The box is beautiful - love the soft vintage look of it. (also liked your wildlife photos). Thanks so much for joining us in the Belli Challenge. Pat K.x

    ReplyDelete
  28. You really made the best use of your time on these today (lol!) Just look at all the challenges you fit into these projects! They both are lovely...but I gotta soft spot for the baby card...thanks for sharing again with us at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the altered Cricut Box. What a cool idea! Thanks for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome creations! Beautifully done. Thank you for sharing these with us JDE; good luck (p.s. new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for playing along this week on the Use Your Stuff challenge. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  32. That box is stunning! You can't even guess that it was started with a cricut box! Wonderful creation.

    Thanks for joining us as Jackson’s Digital Expressions this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful way to decorate this box!! LOVE all the fantastic details on here and the flowers, bird, and butterflies! Wonderful colors and just a great project.
    Also love that baby card - and I've never seen a black squirrel so that was a real treat.
    Thanks for joining us at Belli Challenges.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a GORGEOUS seed box! So creative to use a cartridge box for this! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous cards and fabulous pictures too. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Darlene these are soooo gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining the Ladybugs at LCI this week for our Double Trouble and good luck with the challenge and also for playing at Diva's
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow..you've been busy. These are great! So glad you joined us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is gorgeous, love all those brightly coloured flowers.. they bring it alive! Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for joining us at Divas too! That box is too pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Awesome card's, fabulous box and thanks for joining us at clear it out Tuesday challenge hope to see you again...

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh wow, the box is awesome. love the tri fold card, really do want to make one of these. oh wow, are you lucky to have squirrels!! Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine, good luck and hope you'll join us again.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Really stunning projects, I love the bird image and the gorgeous flowers, your photo's are fantastic too, fab to see your black squirrel. thank you for joining in with the LEJ Designs challenge
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. what a pretty card and a fabulous decorated box you have made here. Thank you for taking part in the challenge and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your box and card is lovely, thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week. Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your cards are so beautiful. Thanks for playing along over at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    :~)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great creations...love your trifold card! Thanks for entering it in the Great Impressions Stamps Challenge!

    Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  47. fab creations! Love the embellishment cluster on the altered box and the fancy cut creation is just fab! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Creations Challenges this week! bx

    ReplyDelete
  48. Fantastic card!! Thanks for joining in with the Creative Card Crew and our 1,2,3 theme this week. Hope you will join us again next time.

    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  49. Your altered cricut box is awesome! Love ALL those flowers! Thanks for showing us your ribbon and playing along with Clear It Out!
    Rachel B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.