Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Double Dutch Thank You!

Hello fellow bloggers!  How is you day going today?
I love doing fancy fold cards so thought I'd share one with you today!  

DOUBLE DUTCH FOLD
You will need TWO panels for this card.
Panel "A" is 4-3/16" x 9"  ... scored at 5-1/2"
Fold at the score line and set aside.
Panel "B" is 2" x 8-1/2" long and scored at 2-1/8" and 6-3/8"
Fold at score lines.

The lower portion of Panel "A" will be adhered to the INSIDE of Panel "B" and the sides will fold in to give that 'door' effect.
That is the basis of the card design ... now you can decorate it to your needs & liking!
I have created a THANK YOU card using TWO of Shelly's Images.
 Here is a peek at the inside of my card.
I've added a simple SU verse onto a Spellbinder Classic Circle panel. And finished the inside bottom with a little floral stamp by Repeat Impressions.


 Here's a little closer view of the detail.
I created my decorative panel for the front cover of my card then printed Shelly's "thank you sentiment" onto it.  I've colored the basket with Prismacolor markers then added Prima flowers with Kaiser pearl centers, Wedding satin flowers from JoAnn's and created my greenery using the MS 'branch' punch and the Cheery Lynn Designs B119 'Tropical Leaves' die.
I hope you've enjoyed today's tutorial and will give it a try.  
If you do, I'd LOVE to see your creation.  Be sure to stop back and leave me a link in the comments section so I can come see your handy work.
Until I see you again . . .

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful Darlene, I will have to have a play and try to make one like it. Thank you for your tutorial...
    Love ~ Lady Anne
    Cards by Lady Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.