Thursday, June 21, 2012

Joan's Gardens Challenge

Evening friends!
It's STILL 90 degrees outside so I've been playing in my 'cave' all day!  
Thursday's to me, means two fun challenges ... Shelly's Images which I posted this morning (scroll down to view) and Joan's Gardens which I am about to share with you now!

Here are this week's requirements:
Create an Oldies but Goodies kind of card.
Use Blue on your card
Use some kind of corner embellishment
Make your card for a friend

Here's what I came up with . . .

This lovely trio is a rubber stamp by Art Gone Wild, called "Friends Forever" and the sentiment stamp is by StampingSensations.com.  The 'fence' is also a rubber stamp by Art Impressions.

Art Impressions 'Girlfriend' stamps are actually what Joan & Selma are showcasing today and you really should go take a peek at their cards ... these images are a 'hoot' and the cards designed by these two talented ladies are fabulous.

My background paper is from Colorbok and my corner treatment was created by die cutting on white cardstock one of the Cheery Lynn Designs (B165) Lace Corner dies then laying the die on red cardstock and cutting out around it to make a 'mat' for my white panel.  Also, after stamping & coloring my image, I cut it out with a swivel craft knife and positioned the ladies behind the fence.  Don't they look like a nice group of ladies you'd just like to stop by and chat with for awhile!!??!!

I hope you enjoyed this card ... I know I had a lot of fun creating it!
Today, I also made 12 cards for a friend of my daughter's who has cancer but still tries to send cards to her friends & family that have been supportive of her (my daughter & family being one in that group).  Maybe one day next week I will share those with you ... don't want to put you into CARD OVERLOAD tonight!  LOL!  Hugs to each of you and stay safe & COOL!!
Darlene

7 comments:

  1. oh Hun what a brilliant image so beautifully presented too and just love that sentiment its brilliant,hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card Darlene. Such a great image and I love the sentiment too
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my dear friend. I think you must be heading for Burnout soon. Your card to-day is fantastic and that quote is so very true. Its easier to be kind than nasty my Mum used to say. She had some wonderful quotes. Take Care. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, Love your card...your ladies are cute and the fence is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute Darlene. I agree - friends are like diamonds. Great background too. Thanks for joining us in our challenge again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card...those gals just make you smile!! Congrats on being the winner for the child card, too...and you house and gardens look lovely :>)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really fabulous I love the image and the sentiment is brilliant, love it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.