Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A little RAIN would be helpful!!!

Is it HOT where you are??
After a BEAUTIFUL SPRING, we are already getting into the HEAT & LACK OF RAIN of summertime!  And it's not even officially SUMMER YET!!!

Are you like me ... watering daily to keep your flowers alive and praying for rain to get the yard green again??  There was a little rain predicted yesterday ... so before the weather forecaster LIED to me again, I went out a took a few photos and WATERED all my potted flowers.

Want to see what I'm working so hard to keep alive (like so many of you are I'm sure!)?

This is a planter my sister built for me several years ago ... it's on the North East end of the house and the wave petunia's seem to love it there!  The little white flowers on the ends are Bicopa.

 Here is the South East front corner of my house.  This is part of the re-landscaping we had done last fall and I have added a few extra flowers ... wave petunias, pin cushion plants, along with the roses & lavender which was part of the landscaping.


It's amazing how well the wave petunia's do in the front of my house ... it's so hot in the afternoon but as long as I keep them well watered they seem to do okay.  In fact this is the first time I've planted them right in with the landscaping versus just in the pots on the front porch.

 YEP ... more wave petunia's in the large pots on the front porch! 
I love being able to see them when you come up the driveway!!

Ssshhhh ... don't tell anyone, but I even put four tomato plants in amongst the flowers!  We live in a housing development that doesn't allow in ground gardens ... pot gardens only.  But I grew up on a small farm and we always had fresh garden vegetable and I love my home grown tomatoes!  Sssshhh ... this is our secret!!  Okay??

Okay ... back into the cool 'crafting cave' to create.  
I hope you enjoyed my little home/flower tour!  I'm very proud of our home, gardens & picnic area ... so beware ... you'll probably see a little more as summer goes on!  

Stay cool & happy my friends!!
Hugs,
Darlene

2 comments:

  1. Wow - your garden looks fantastic. Mine is full of weeds! I had tomatoes in my front garden last summer (we are winter here now). I'm not sure the neighbours weren't totally thrilled but it was the best spot for them. I love fresh vegetables - much better when you've grown them yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow Hun,you have a fantastic garden,and those flowers Hun are just so beautiful oh must be an amazing place to relax,and just chill,something I could do with at the moment hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.