Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Sisterhood of Crafters . . .

. . . is going in CIRCLES!

LOL!  That's right, the challenge today at The Sisterhood of Crafters is all about 
CIRCLES! 
(create a card or project with at least 2 circles)


I had great fun creating this card ... and actually had some difficulties!  But am pleased with the outcome.  

Back around Mother's Day when my daughter & I went to Amish Country for the day, I came upon a lovely sheet of 3D Motion 'Butterfly' Stickers at The Gospel Shop.  When you 'turn' them ... the image changes.  Below you can see how it changes to the 'OTHER' image on this particular sticker ... how cool is that!
Here you can see the combination of 'both' images ...
And here you can see more of what the 2nd image looks like.
(It was difficult to hold the card at the proper angle to get the full image with one hand & hold/click the camera with the other hand ... LOL)  But you get the idea!

I think I have pretty well COVERED the theme for our challenge by using 'circle' design paper from DCWV, a 'circle' sentiment from the JustRite 'Botanical Butterflies' clear stamp set and set both my image & sentiment into 'circles' cut using the Spellbinder Classic Circles dies.  My embellishments were created with the MS butterfly punch and the Cheery Lynn Designs B117S 'Fanciful Flourish' Small die.  The minimal amount of coloring was done with Prismacolor markers.  OH ...and though it's hard to tell ... the floral center of my sentiment panel was stamped twice, cut out and popped up with pop dots.

OKAY ... so I found a little more time to play and came up with another CIRCLE creation for today's challenge.  But this time, it's in the form of Bubbles & THE Bubbly.  I've used a fun digi image from Shelly's Images as my focus.
  My coloring was done with SU watercolor pencils & a blender pen.  Crystal Stickles was used around the rim of the glass as well as on the ocean waves.  The bubble background paper is from a DCWV 12x12 pack and the blue/white bubbles are vellum stickers from stickopotamus.com.

We have a sponsor for this week's challenge and since I STILL have a  LITTLE MORE TIME in my day, I wanted to be sure and have something to showcase an image from WONDER STRANGE ARTS.
 I've used scraps of paper from by scrap bin for the background and have colored my image with prismacolor markers.  I took the liberty of adding the 'tear drops' so it would go along with my sentiment.  The inside of the card says SO sorry!
I've used a 'Hole Punch' along the black/white paisley panels to add smaller circles and Spellbinder oval & circle does for the image and sentiment panels.  
I hope you enjoyed my creation and I do hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!  See you there!

Here are a few qualifying challenges:
There She Goes - Circles
Crazy Four Challenges - Circles
Divas by Designs #39 - Summer Theme (Cards #1 & #2)
Paper Pretties - Summer Inspiration (#1-Butterflies, #2 Bubbles, Beach & Beverage)
 The Paper Shelter #68 - Anything Goes
Stampavie & More #17 - Something with Wings (#1 - Butterflies)

Hugs,
Darlene

8 comments:

  1. Wow you were inspired by the two circle thing. Each card is very different and very cool. My fav is the one with the little girl with horns because I know such a girl very well!!! Love the watercoloring on your drink glass too. Well done!!! I may try to come play in this challenge if I get time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you have been busy. Your cards are fabulous. Great designs and love the images and colours

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Darlene. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking creations. So many! You busy bee. LoL. Love them all. Thanks for playing with us over at TPS this week. Good Luck with the challenge.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards! Thank you for joining us at TSG challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, great designs...thanks for joining us at Divas!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards with great summery elements...thanks for joining the Divas!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fantastic projects! Thanks for playing at There She Goes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.