Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge

My stretch as May's Guest Designer at Sassy Studio Designs is drawing to a quick close and I will certainly miss this talented group of crafters!  I've drawn so much inspiration from each and every one of them!!  But before I go (and, I will have one more fun creation for you tomorrow), I'm having fun creating for the challenge going on right now over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog of which SSD is the sponsor.  Their challenge this week is to make a JOY-FOLD card.  WELL ... I haven't made one of these in a very long time so had great fun doing it!  
AND ... I did a little more PAPER PIECING too!


The image I used on today's creation is called "Professor S (Sassy)" and I think I'll keep it for my sister's birthday on June 10th.  She is a hair dresser and definitely a 'fashionista' so I think she'll really appreciate this fun card.   She is 60-something going on 30!  LOL!

Here's a peek at the inside of my card ... yep, I'm still trying to keep up with my New Years resolution and so far so good!  Although I see I do have a few cards laying on my table that appear to be BLANK on the inside ... Oooops!  Need to do something about that!!!!!!

A few other challenges:
Artistic Inspirations - Paper Piercing/Piecing
 Creative Creations - Paper Piecing
Digi Makeover #90 - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody #21 - Anything Goes
Joanna Sheen - Girls, Girls, Girls

Remember, there is a new Dare To Be Sassy Thursday challenge coming up tomorrow and I hope you'll come join in the fun!  Have a fabulous day and thanks so much for stopping by!  
As always . . .

Recipe for this creation:

Papers:  Basic Grey 'Two Scoops' dp, white cs, mint green cs
Stamps/Ink:  Stamping Sensations (inside verse), Impression Obsession (outside verse), Versafine Onyx
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Tim Holtz marker for doodling, Fiskars swivel craft knife
Techniques:  Paper Piecing ... Doddling ... Joy Fold

14 comments:

  1. Very cool Dar! Love the tri-fold and that image is just perfect & sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, very cool Dar..she is going to love it...a fun and pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Darlene, what great papers to paper-piece with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love the pieced dress Darlene, it's amazing. Beautiful color combo, too. It's been great having you all month, your work is amazing and inspiring!
    Hugs~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card you have created, Darlene. Love the papers, and your paper-piecing is a brilliant extra touch!

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge,and good luck in the draw.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the paper pieced dress - it's quite striking. Your coloring of the hair is gorgeous. And I love the joy fold. This is one terrific card! Thanks for bringing your art to 613 Avenue Create. We hope you stop by again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow she looks amazing, love what you have done with her dress. love the colors. Thank you for joinin us at Artisitic this week. Abbie (Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, stunning paper pieced dress. Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations on our paper piecing/piercing challenge hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful creation...love your paper piercing.... Thank you for joining us at Creative Creations Challenges this week. Shelly DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shaped card and love the paper pieced image -thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous card! Love the paper piecing you did on her dress...
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Make a Joyfold Card" challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge on Wednesday.

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  12. 'wow i love the retro look she`s fab, thanks for joining in with us at Creative Creations x
    Love Jacquie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow!!!!

    I adore the paper you have used for her dress! She is definitely fabulous~!!!


    Thank you so very much for joining us at Creative Creations for our Paper Piecing Challenge & Good Luck!

    Hugs,
    Karen - DT.xx

    www.kraftykarensblogspot.co.uk/wordpress

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card and I love the paper piecing!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.