Thursday, July 11, 2013

A.R.T. #5 Challenge

Are you ready for another fun challenge at A.R.T. (A Random Thursday) Challenge Blog.

Today our challenge is one that a lot of crafters struggle with . . .

MASCULINE BIRTHDAY

I must admit I enjoy making masculine cards but I know a lot of my friends struggle with this style.  
Today I really took the EASY WAY OUT and used a stamp set designed for the MEN in our lives.  


I also love working with plaid paper as the base for a masculine card and since I had both of these design papers in my SCRAP box ... what better place to start!   The stamp set I have used is from JustRite and after stamping and fussy cutting, I colored in the stripes, rope & scroll with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.

Once again I've succeeded in keeping my New Years Resolution to finish the inside of my cards.  I think the reason I have so much trouble with this is because I don't know what sentiment I want to put on the inside unless I actually have a person in mind to send it to!  
In this case, JustRite made it easy for me as this sentiment is part of the set.

Here are a few other challenges I'd like to enter:
Lady Anne's #10 - Anything Goes (must stamp)
Nutcrafters #47 - One for the Boys
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Paperminutes - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog today and I truly hope you'll come share your MASCULINE BIRTHDAY creations with us at A.R.T.

Have a wonderful, creative day and as always . . .



Recipe for my card:

Papers:  Kraft cs, Paper Pizazz dp, White cs, Burgundy cs
Stamps/Ink:  JustRite 'Anchors Away' #CR-03710, Versafine Onyx
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Spellbinder Classic Ovals, Fiskars swivel craft knife, xPress It Foam Mounting Tape, Tim Holtz black distress marker for doodling on inside




5 comments:

  1. Love this Dar...perfect masculine card! Neat stamps, and papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Darlene. I am one of those people who Struggle with male cards. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful birthday card you made and great design! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dar, this is lovely! I always struggle quite a bit with men's cards and this one is just awesome. LOVE everything about it and quite certain it will be a blessing to its recipient. Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by to share with us this week, and I hope you have an amazing week.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking card Darlene, I always enjoying looking at your work. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    Lady Anne's Challenge's
    Lady Anne's Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene