Monday, November 25, 2013

Creating with Angels . . .

Angel images by Crafty Secrets that is!

Good Morning Everyone!
I hope you had a good weekend.  
It's been unusually cold here in NE Ohio 
but I guess it's to be expected a month away from Christmas!

Today I'd like to share a couple holiday creations that are Non-Traditional in color.  When I think of PINK or BLUE ... I think BABY ... but today it's Christmas cards using Angel Images from the Crafty Secrets Vintage Christmas CD #6.  There are SO MANY amazing images, papers, sentiments available on this CD, it's an AMAZING collection for the price!!

 I printed out both images the same size, but for my first card I decided to do some 'fussy' cutting around the image then layer it on the solid background.  It seemed TOO pink for me so I did some 'doodling' around the edge with a white gelly roll pen to help soften it.

Recipe for this card is:
Papers:  White cs, Pink cs, K&Co. 'Secret Santa' designer paper
Accessories:  Cheery Lynn Designs 'B117S' Fanciful Flourish die, Cheery Lynn Designs 'B186' Merry Christmas die, Kaiser Pink Pearls, White Gelly Roll pen, xPress It Foam Mounting Tape

I have popped up the flourishes with a small piece of mounting tape which I then hid with the pearls.  I like the added dimension and whimsy it gave my card.

 For my second card I decided to add a LOT of sparkle to not only the image but the beautiful Cheery Lynn Designs die cuts I have used to create this little 'spiritual' scene.
 
 I wish I could get my photo to show the beauty of this creation.
The Crafty Secrets angel image is beautiful on it's own ... but the touch of Glamour Dust really adds a beautiful sparkle that all angels have!  (I'm assuming that fact of course!) LOL

Here's a close up ...
The recipe for this card is:
Papers:  Medium Blue cs, White cs, My Minds Eye Lost & Found 3 'Oliver' designer paper
Accessories:  Cheery Lynn Designs 'B184' Holly Corner, Spellbinder Lacy Squares, Quickie Glue Pen, Art Deco Glamour Dust, Waterfall Stickles

I will have to get back to you on the mfg of the scenery die ... for the life of me I can't locate it at the moment.   This beautiful scenery die is from Cottage Cutz 'Winterland Village' CCE-054.

I've also added glamour dust on the roof tops and along the snowy mounds on the scene die.  Looks SO PRETTY!

A few challenges:
Cheery Lynn Designs - Non Traditional Christmas Colors
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Christmas Card Challenges - Faith (Blue Angel Card)
Glitter n Sparkle - Show Us Some Snow (Blue Angel Card)
Pile It On - Non-Traditional Christmas

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  
I appreciate you taking the time because I know what a busy week this is
for everyone ... especially those of us that have cooking/baking to do!
Happy Crafting ... and cooking ... and baking ...
As always ...

13 comments:

  1. Wow....love that blue card! I think adding the white townscape at the bottom really sets the whole thing off. Just lovely, Dar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the town scene on the bottom of this. Just really catches your eye! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! WOW! These are both just fabulous! I love the papers, the beautiful image and the awesome scene!
    Have a wonderful week and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these cards are just beautiful! I love the added extra of sparkle and glam you've given these angels and the fact that you created Christmas cards in non-traditional colors is awesome. Thanks so much for sharing these beauties! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Shop 3 Twenty Crafts ♥
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow~Wow~Wow Dar...these are stunning!!! Love all three with their stunning glory!!! The pink really pulls at me, maybe I have always been a "pink" girl!! Beautiful my friend!! Hope you are getting caught up and ready for the show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY pretty! Love the swirly-bobs and the angel image! Thanks for sharing at Christmas Card Challenges! (Karen N, DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dar, these are lovely examples of non-traditional Christmas colors. Wonderful cards. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous are these! So pretty, and I love all the sparkle! Thank you for sharing them with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card - really like the sparkly snow on the houses!!! cute!! Thanks for sharing with us at Glitter n Sparkle... Vic, DT. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done cards! I really like the pink flourish you used and of course the Merry Christmas sentiment is perfect for this challenge also!

    Thank you so much for joining us for this week's challenge over at Cheery Lynn Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful cards!
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these Crafty Sentiments images - you have created two beautiful cards! I'm so glad you joined us for our "Show Us Some Snow" challenge at Glitter n Sparkle. Good luck in the draw!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Glitter n Sparkle DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice card Darlene! Thank you for playing with us at Glitter N Sparkle Challenge! **Cheryl** Glitter N Sparkle DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.