Wednesday, November 27, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Good Evening All!
Since I'll be gone most of the weekend ...
Daughters house for Thanksgiving tomorrow
Hubby's family in Pittsburgh on Friday
Craft Show to do on Saturday

I thought I'd pop in this evening and wish all my friends a wonderful Thanksgiving and share a few photos of what we've been up to today!

Hubby is not the only one who knows the way around a kitchen!  LOL!

Back in March of this year I shared with you the story behind Uncle Hen's (Clyde) Biscuits and since they are a favorite of my family, we whipped up a batch today and thought of Uncle Hen while doing so.  Sadly, we lost him last December.  
He is terribly missed and I'm so glad he shared this recipe with my daughter & I!!
Yes ... they are baked in washed out tuna fish cans.  And it works quite well actually!

The rolls/biscuits are more of a 'sweet biscuit' and the dough is a very sticky dough but they taste SO GOOD!  I especially like them cut in half, toasted with homemade strawberry freezer jam!

Yes ... hubby was 'maning' my smart phone to take photos today ... you would not believe how MANY pics were taken during today's events! LOL!  I could truly post a step-by-step!  LOL  But bless his heart he was trying to do as I ask when I said, "can you get a picture of ME in the kitchen today so people know you're not the only one who knows how to cook!"
 We were also in charge of the pies for tomorrow's dessert.
 Oh yea ... Hubby was helpful on this task also (as you can tell, lol)
Seriously ... he mixed up the pumpkin filling for me 
and filled the cherry pies while I finished rolling the crusts.
 
He always says the best part of helping in the kitchen is licking the spoon (or spatula in this case!)

I must say though ... I would STILL be in the kitchen vs talking to you all if I didn't have his helping hands!
 

If asked what I'm most thankful for, it would have to be this dear man and my family.
I'm truly blessed to be able to share ALL aspects of the holiday season with such love!

And I'm thankful for the friendship of all of you!
Though we may never meet in person ... your comments here on my blog and in emails give me a sense of friendship and love and for that I thank you!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
God Bless You!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving. I have had a taste of those wonderful biscuits and they are so yummy.
    Have fun everywhere you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so delish! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Dar. Warm hugs from FL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you two are having a blast and those cookies looks great! =)
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those biscuits look delicious! Happy Thanksgiving to you and best of luck with your craft show!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.