Monday, November 18, 2013

It's Squigglefly Time!!!

WOW! 
Here we are ... MONDAY AGAIN!
And that means it's time for another fun challenge over on Squigglefly? 

But before I share my card with you, I just want to put prayers out to all those folks in the path of yesterday's storms & tornados!   I know we were very fortunate here in the Akron, OH area but by the news I can see that many of my crafting friends in the mid-west weren't as lucky! 

This week's challenge is not only fun but an easy one . . .

RIBBON and/or LACE

Now I'm sure you you will be using one or both of these items on many of your holiday cards so again ... please come share them with us this week too!

Today I've used a digi image called STICK TREE by Pamela Lehto.
I chose to pull it into WORD, use it more than once and change the color on each one.
Giving it an illusion of a 'row' of stick trees out in the snow ... all ready for the holidays
with their pretty ribbons attached.


(I think this card kind of has that Charlie Brown feel to it.)

After printing and coloring with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, I decided
to do some fussy cutting ... keeping them
linked yet separated.
For the snow mounts, I've simply torn scraps of white cardstock
and scribbled 'waterfall' Stickles along the top.
My lacy panel at the top is made from a Cheery Lynn Designs
die ... #B136 - Anastasia Border.

I do hope you'll come join in the fun!
Thanks so much for stopping by and as always . . .

7 comments:

  1. I love the way you printed Pamela's image three time in varying sizes. I'll have to try this technique-thanks for the inspiration!! Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the effect you've gotten by using the different sizes. The snowy background is great and I love your snow bank as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully designed card! Love the snowy DP, perfect for those beautiful trees! Your card would be perfect for our challenge at http://digitallysweetchallenges.blogspot.ca/ if you would care to join. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card Dar...word...how in the heck did you do that, I haven't a clue..lol...tell me...tell me...beautifully done my friend!! Love that sitck tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty - and the different sizes are a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, the Trees look great, I am always amazed at what others do with the digi's I design. PS I am a class of 68 Grad also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness you have been a busy lady!! Just had a quick stroll through your blog, admiring your beautiful projects! This does kind of have a Charlie Brown tree feel to it - great idea with your placement of the ribbons and I love how you created the snow-covered ground!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.