Monday, February 17, 2014

NEW CHALLENGES at Joan's Touch

Hello blogging friends!

Have you heard?  There are new challenges starting up over at "Joan's Touch".
You remember Joan (previous owner of Joan's Gardens) ... well she's now retired  BUT not retired from crafting, creating and sharing!  This is going to be fun!! 
Here are the requirements for the 1st Joan's Touch challenge ...

  • Use Pink and Black
  • Use an image of a Lady
  • Use a Bow 
  • You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens. 

  • You will have a week to create & enter.  Also, you can enter as many cards as you'd like.  
    With this color combination, I'm sure I'll be doing more than just one card!
    But for today ... I'll show you the first card I came up with!

    (Sorry about the 'eye shadow' ... seems she got a little carried away! LOL)
    How about that hat ... doesn't she look dapper!
    I will list all the products used on this card at the bottom of this post ... after my sign off.

    I had a scrap of hot pink card stock laying on my work table so THAT was the start of this creation.  Then of course I had to pick a LADY for my card and while a friend & I were talking she mentioned B-Line stamps.  Well, I remembered I had a few in my 'vintage' stamp drawer so now I have the first two elements needed for this challenge.  The rest just fell into place.

    Do you have the new Cheery Lynn Designs 'Pretty Pretty Bows (set of 2)' dies?  OMG, you just have to purchase it ... it's a set of 2 dies, and they make it so easy to create a beautiful paper bow such as the one I have used on this card.  
    The number is #B422 and Terri has them available in the store!

    Another FABULOUS die you'll want to have in your collection is this Memory Box butterfly die called 'Kensington Border #98743' ... also available at Terri's store.  
    From tip to tip this die is about 6" long  ... a little too long for today's card.
    So I simply cut what I needed and actually used one of the left over butterflies
    to adorn my ribbon knot.  Added a little touch of sparkle to that butterfly also.

    A couple additional challenges to enter into:
    Lacy Sunshine Challenge #27 - Lots of Layers
    Quirky Crafts Challenge #4 - Pile it high, layer it up and try 3D
    Simon Says Stamps - Cameo Appearance
    Craft-Dee Bowz February Challenge -  Anything Goes with homemade bow
    Oh La La Creations Challenge - Fashionista

    I hope you'll come join in the challenge!
    And for those of you in the path of the next storm, please be safe out there!
    They're calling for freezing rain, sleet & 1-3" of snow here in Ohio!
    You know where I'll be ... YEP ... right here safely crafting away in my cave!

    Recipe:
    Papers: Black cs, Hot Pink cs, White cs, the Paper Studio 'Harper's Boutique' dp
    Stamps: B-Line Designs #BA516D - Kathleen (focus image), #TM113E - Acme (used for background on hot pink cs),
    Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
    Accessories:  Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Thistle Stickles, SU grosgrain ribbon, Pop Dots, Memory Box #98743 Kensington Border die, Cheery Lynn Designs #B422 Pretty, Pretty Bows die, Craft-Dee Bowz bow maker

    11 comments:

    1. oh my gosh your card is gorgeous!!! love the image you used!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Darlene, this is gorgeous. I just discovered B-Line stamps while in Florida and have purchased a few to use when I get home. I love your lady friend and the colors are perfect. Great job with all the interest of textures, shapes and patterns. Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Touch for a weekly challenge.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Wowzers Dar, this is beautiful!!!! LOVE the image, and her hat is gorgeous...great job on the challenge, how do you do it so fast, it takes me days!!! Makes me glad I ordered some B-line!!!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Funny what inspires us to create a certain card -- this came out fabulous. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Dar, you card is gorgeous! Love all the elements you used. And, thanks for letting me me know about Joan's Challenge; checking my stash now! :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. Amazing card! I love the paper bow and the delicate butterfly border. I quite like the eye shadow! It gives your vintage image a bit of a modern twist. Thanks for joining the February Craft-Dee BowZ Challenge! :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. So very beautiful! That image is stunning and I love the beautiful butterflies fluttering about! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Gorgeous card, love the focal image and your paper bow is fab! Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this time
      Claire xx

      ReplyDelete
    9. Love this card! Your bow is awesome!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Very nice. The pink and black looks great together. Thanks for joining us at Lacy Sunshine. DT Lene

      ReplyDelete
    11. fabbie card, love the dash of eye shadow and the backing paper looks great thanks for joining us at OLL
      hugs

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

    In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.