Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Tea Party with DIES R US

Good Morning Blogging Friends!
I'm so excited to share with you today, my very 1st creation as a design team member


The dies I have used on today's creation are available 
at the Dies R Us Store and In Stock now!

and

 The Polynesian Sails die set is actually 2 dies in one!  The large lacy oval and the small center circular doily type die.  They both cut out at the same time, which makes the large oval an 'open' center.  I simply laid it on my dark green card stock, traced around the oval with a pencil and cut out the oval shape to create a solid inside panel.  Then, used the center cut from this beautiful die set as my 'doily' under the teapot.  How sweet is that!

This beautiful teapot die set is also an 'outline' die set.  So, once die cut, I glued it down to my chosen design paper and did a little 'fussy cutting' to achieve my paper pieced look.  To add a little more depth and texture, I used my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to color in the leafy pattern on the teapot/cups, the lid stem and the inside portion of the cup to give the illusion of the cups filled with a delicious cinnamon tea.

 A few qualifying challenges:
Craft-Dee BowZ March Challenge - Anything Goes with a handmade bow
Deep Ocean Challenge - Just for a Girl
Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

I hope you'll come check out this new STORE.  
They have a wide selection of dies from several different manufacturers and great prices too!
And, by all means, if you need inspiration, please pop over to our new BLOG where each day of the week, Monday through Friday, one of the DT members will be sharing a creation and description to hopefully inspire you.  From the BLOG, you can click on the photo of each DT member to go directly to their personal blogs.


Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Forrest Green cs, Ivory cs, First Edition Paper 'Love Letters' 6x6 dp
Accessories: Cheery Lynn Designs 'Polynesian Sails Oval' #DL153, Elizabeth Craft Designs 'Teapot & Cups' #714, Pop Dots, E6000 Spray Adhesive, Wrights lace ribbon, Craft-Dee Bowz bow maker, Petaloo Tiffany Treasures gem, Fiskars swivel craft knife, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers

8 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job showcasing these dies! I love the little teapot and the large oval is amazing. Well done girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Darlene. I love the teapot and cup, and especially the oval doily shape as the tray. Can't wait to shop, will have to check it out. Stay warm, Spring is on it's way! (so I am told)
    Mindy

    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you framed the cute tea set with that gorgeous oval die! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card...love those dies you have used, and I LOVE how the doily looks so real under the pot....another master piece my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is delightful! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ March challenge with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, who doesn't love a tea party! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card layout. Great use of dies. Fabulous. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! So beautiful and elegant! I love your choice of dies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.