Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter's Past ...

HAPPY EASTER!

Yep!  That's me (on the left) with my sisters, all ready for church on
Easter Sunday 1957.

We may not have had 'a lot' when I was growing up, 
but we ALWAYS had a new dress for Easter!


I'm so blessed to be able to spend another Easter Sunday with these lovely ladies today!
Everyone is bringing food to Mom's house after church ... yum!
I hope you're enjoying the love of  family around you today also!

UPDATE:  Getting ready to head to Grandma Great's house (my mother)!
Potato salad made with my homemade picalilli (family recipe) is in the fridge and here's a peek at the colored deviled eggs Mark & I just finished to take along.  I did the coloring while Mark worked his magic on the filling.  So Yummy!  Oh ... and the idea for coloring eggs this way came from Pinterest!


 
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

6 comments:

  1. Nice pictures Darlene and happy easter to you and your family.
    Hugs, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet memories you have brought for me this morning. I had forgotten those little white gloves we all wore. We seldom got to buy a hat but we got a new dress and shoes and socks with lace on them and those lovely gloves. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE!!! I've spent the morning on ancestry.com...thanks for sharing these adorable pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my what a delight those photos are! You and your sisters look so cute and sweet and classy... My goodness! And those recipes look yummy! What a wonderful day you must have had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Easter picture of "Easter past".....and "what time is dinner?"...lol...lots of yummy goodness here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous of how pretty your deviled eggs turned out. I have a "devil" of a time peeling my eggs without damaging them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene