Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pretty in Purple

Hello again my friends!
I had hoped to post this card yesterday ... but with all the computer issues I'm having at the moment, it didn't happen ... so I'll share it as a second posting for today!

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how this card came together.
My main purpose in creating this card was for the current 'Pretty In Purple' challenge going on at Cheery Lynn Designs.  With purple being my favorite color, OF COURSE I had to play along!


 I was thrilled to have won a recent challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and my prize choice was the beautiful FRM 135 Swedish Spring Oval Frame I have used behind the focus image.  Speaking of the focus image, it comes from a Nellie's Choice Vintage sheet #NEVI019-Waiting that I purchased from Joan's Gardens during one of my visits last year.  Sandra Kuck is the artist behind these images and she's actually a native of Ohio.  LOVE her images ... I could design with them everyday!


 The beautiful bride in this image actually reminds me of my older sister Linda.
It makes me smile every time I look at it!

Anyways ... a few other challenges I'd like to share in are:
 Baffies Kreativladen - For a Woman
Creative Moments - Anything Goes/Girly
Frilly and Funkie - Flights of Fancy
Whimsy Stamps Challenge - Anything Goes
Joan's Touch Challenge - Any color/ dies only / at least 2 layers

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Are you ready for Easter weekend?  
Oh dear ... I'm not ... really must get my ducks in a row on that one!


Recipe:
Papers:  white cs, lavender cs, Graphic45 'Secret Gardens' 6x6 patterns & solids
Cheery Lynn Dies:  B291 'Flourish', DL112 'Exotic Butterflies', B289 'Congratulations', FRM135 'Swedish Spring Oval Frame'
Accessories:  Nellie's Choice Vintage Images 'NEVI019-Waiting', Spellbinder classic circles dies, pop dots, Art Glitter glue


11 comments:

  1. OMGoodness this is beyond gorgeous!!! So pretty, all the purple and white...beautiful image, too!! Can you believe I don't have that Swedish Oval die...oh no, you might have enabled me...again!!! Thanks for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such this week for our "Die Cuts" challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card love your layout and colour combo and the image is gorgeous thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Darlene. Love those colors and a great image!
    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for the weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.joanstouch.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, and awesome die, Darlene. When I was about 10 years old, my Mom & Dad painted my room lavender, my favorite color. They said purple was too dark, so lavender was the next best thing.

    With you and Diane both, designing for DiesRUs, I'm sure I will have to do some serious shopping soon. Take care, and thanks for inspiring us all!
    Mindy

    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Darlene, this is such a beautiful card and I love how you have used your Swedish Spring Oval Frame, fabulous layout. Thanks for joining the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs this week and Good Luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty card Darlene. Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!!!!!!! Love the purple and white combo and those dies are so perfectly placed with this gorgeous image! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful and stunning! The colors are so rich and the image is just perfect for your card. Thanks for another great entry to the Classy Cards 'n Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene, this is so beautiful. A wonderful mix of dies and that gorgeous image. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card with all those dies and that vintage bride. Spring certainly is the start of the bridal season so the image is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning creation, love the dies and the color you used. Fantastic card..Thank you for creating and sharing with us on the Whimsy Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene