Friday, April 25, 2014

Sending Encouragement

Happy Friday All!
Even though the weather is finally getting nicer which helps to lift your spirits after a long, cold winter, some folks are dealing with issues that even blue skies can't help ease the pain.  
So, today's card was created with that in mind.


I loved this Easter image from the Crafty Secrets 'Seasonal' booklet so I decided to do a little fussy cutting and revamping to turn it into a card of encouragement.  The background panel (house scene) is actually the journaling portion of the image but with a little 'outside the box' thinking and my trusty swivel craft knife, I was able to mesh the two imagines into one.

How wonderful that I was able to print out my background paper (Digital Garden Papers DP08) and have it match so beautifully ...both color and pattern!
To make the switch from Easter to Encouragement,  I used one of the stamps from the Grand Greetings DAS-M40 clear stamp set.  I have several 'scrap' circles/ovals that are left from other projects so that is what I used to stamp my sentiment then matted it in ivory card stock ... same as the base card.

Sharing in a few challenges:
Crafty Girls Challenge #16 - Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts #34 - Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs April Challenge - Anything Goes

I hope you've enjoyed today's card creation and I hope it will bring a little smile to the recipient!
Have a fabulous day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Other items used in today's card:
Stampendous gold diamond dots.
Starform outline corner stickers.
Darice paper flowers.
Spellbinder classic oval dies.
Martha Stewart 'branch' punch



7 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! This is definitely your style, it has such a airy mysterical (word?) feeling. Vintage with an edge of whimsy...maybe that's a better way to describe this beautiful card. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is stunning! Love the rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OM Gosh, your card is just amazingly beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty~pretty...lovely image...wonderful sentiment..beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an elegant card! Love your color/paper choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Stunning! Love the beautiful image and scene. Lovely vibrant colors. Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts this week. Good luck. Maggie - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Darlene. Great colours, and I'm liking the inside too.
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts.
    Hugs, Ang x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene