Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Awww ... a day at the Beach!

Hello my blogging friends!
First let me express a huge THANKS to all my wonderful online friends who shared Birthday wishes with me yesterday!  You truly helped make my day a very special one!!

I'm working on some fancy fold cards for an upcoming show I'll be doing at the local country club in September.  And I was thinking, if the ladies liked my 'everyday' cards ... they're going to LOVE what I have to share this time around with these fancy fold creations!



I have left several of them blank inside with the thought that they could be used for various occasions versus limiting it to just the one I decided upon.  I will let the buyer make that choice.

Here's another one that I thought would also be great for the Men in our lives.
Could be for a birthday, or even Father's Day.



I just LOVE these Graphic45 papers for this type of card.  So many beautiful papers that all match as well as images and little this & that's to add.  The only EXTRA I've added to these cards are a few die cuts ... Cheery Lynn Designs 'Lighthouses' #B384 and Spellbinder in'spire 'Anchors Away' #IN-014.

A few challenges I'd like to share in today are:
Cards 4 Guys Challenge - At the Beach
Die Cuttin Divas - Just Beachy
Classy Cards n Such Challenge - Day at the Beach (NO PEOPLE IMAGES)
Lunagirl Moonbeams Challenge - Vintage Seashore/ Bathing Beauties
Live & Love Crafts Inspiration Challenge - By the Sea
Reves 2 Scrap Challenge #2 - Anything Goes

Well it's back to work for me ... actually, it's OFF TO WORK for me today through Friday.  Yep, even though I am 'retired', I do some freelance crafting for JoAnn Fabrics Headquarters and they've asked us to come to the store to work on a LARGE project for them this time around vs doing it in my home.  So I agreed to come up in the afternoons the rest of the week.  Should be interesting & fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you're having a FABULOUS day!
Till next time ...

20 comments:

  1. As pretty ad these are online, they are stunning in person. The colors are so vibrant. It would be so nice for a man to receive such a special card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Dar! These cards are fantastic! I love the way you've combined the patterned papers and printed images. These will sell in a hurry! Good luck at your show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic....I haven't made these types of cards in "forever"...WOW...you have inspired me once again...these are so awesome.....I know you are making some more, can't wait to see them...you are so dang creative!!! Have fun at Joann's...wish I could be there...sigh!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous cards, Dar! Haven't made many fancy fold cards, but this inspires me to try once again. Have a great time at Joan's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are beautifully done cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining in my Vintage Seashore blog challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com! I'm glad to discover your beautiful blog and amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, awesome, I love the shutter cards, the male card is perfect for our challenge for male cards at Cardz 4 Guyz. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us. Graphic 45 papers are so stunning. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  8. your fancy fold cards are wonderful! Happy Birthday a day late!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must admit I love Graphic 45 paper. I have some but rarely use them as I struggle with vintage style. Your cards are great and show the papers off really well.
    So pleased you found our challenge at Cardz4Guyz and joined in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. your cards are great. I also love fancy fold cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are really gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fun card to make.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two fabulous cards.


    Thanks for joining in with our 'under the sea' challenge

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these are so amazing. I love them both! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards, Thanks for sharing with us at CCM&M
    Jules DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are beautiful! I also love using this paper pad. Thanks for joining us in the Classy Cards 'n Such Beach challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome multi-fold card Darlene, using the Graphic 45 collection. I love the seaside designs and the die cut additions, too. Thanks for joining our challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such!

    Mindy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! This is ABSOLUTELY stunning!!

    Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas!

    Jessica DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing cards - very clever construction and perfectly chosen images.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x
    www.craftinghelen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Darlene,
    Wow; trishutter cards are always amazing, this one's no exception! Great use of the papers. Thanks so much for sharing with us at LLC.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene