Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Just having fun . . .

Happy Hump Day Everyone!
After an early morning visit to my doctor (annual check up - all is good!), I've decided to spend the day 'just having fun!'.  Not worrying about craft show creations, DT obligations ... just doing what looks and sounds like fun!  That's what this 'crafting thing' is supposed to be all about ... right!

(which I love to play but don't partake often enough)

 ... AND spotted THIS BEAUTY created by a lovely lady whom I follow on Bloglovin' (thanks Donna) ... I knew exactly what my 1st card of the day would be!
And here it is ...

(Inside view)

 I truly enjoy making 'guy' cards using my Stampscapes stamps.  If you've never played with these stamps, you can check them out HERE.  It's amazing what beautiful creations you can come up with using these stamps, sponges and ink.  Really easier than you might think!

 The product I've used on today's card is as follows:
Papers:  White cs, Black cs, DCWV 'dots, stripes & plaids mat stack dp
Stamps:  Stampscapes 'Pines & Rocks' #195G, Stampscapes 'Pine Row' #150E, Inkadinkado and The Stamp Pad co.
Inks:  Versafine Onyx, Memento 'Angel Pink', Tim Holtz Distress Inks - 'Salty Ocean', 'Tumbled Glass', 'Faded Jeans' and 'Stormy Sky'
Accessories:  Spellbinder Classic Circle dies, SU Circle Punch, Eclipse masking, large sponge daubers, Spectrum Noir alcohol marker EB2 (color rocks), TH black fine tip marker for faux stitching

 (close up view)

 Here are a few additional challenges I'd like to share with today:

Our Daily Bread Designs - Sponging or Stencils
Emerald Faeries - Hip Hip Hooray Birthday
Reves 2 Scrap Challenge #2 - Anything Goes
 Susan Hurley 365 Challenge #94 - Celebration
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Crafting When We Can - Make Your Own Background
Glitter n Sparkle Challenge #94 - Birthday

Now let's see what my afternoon has in store for me, lol!
Hope you're having fun today too, whatever you may be doing!
Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you've been inspired to JUST HAVE FUN!
Life is too short not to!


16 comments:

  1. Wowzers...I LOVE it...I love the inside, too...such a perfect finish for it!!! A beautiful job of stamping and inking...another masterpiece my friend....and how FUN you are taking a "me time" day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Darlene! I love these types of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning card....I love your scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Love the background!
    Hugs from Africa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely stunning! LOVE the gorgeous colors you used! Fabulous creation! HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! The tree stamp is perfect! I love that you also did the inside...something I seldom do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Youve always loved the sketch challenges. So glad you 'took the time' to participate and have some fun today. Stampscapes are always so beautiful. And, as always, your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Darlene, this is an awesome night time scene. Just love the masking of the moon.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous. I adore the stamping technique here. Beautiful. Thank you for entering the challenge with Sarah Hurley this time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning night time scene, Darlene!! I just love the masking of the moon and sponging as well as the coloration!! Thanks for sharing it with us at ODBD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Darlene, what a beautiful scene with fabulous sponging! I love it, and the inside of the card is lovely too! So glad you've joined us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure have some mad sponging skills Darlene! I'd give this beauty a 10......picture perfect! Thanks for creating with us this week at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us over at Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing Darlene! You did such a fantastic job and I love your coloring. I'm glad I could inspire you. Thanks again for the shout out about my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene