Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Up! Up! and Away ...

. . . in my BEAUTIFUL, my BEAUTIFUL BALLOON!!!
 LOL ... how many remember THAT song? 

HAPPY TUESDAY MY FRIENDS!
I have another inspirational card creation to share with you today showcasing some dies purchased through DIES R US!  But before I do, I wanted to wish you a Happy July 1st and remind you that today begins a new challenge over on our Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  The theme for the next 2 weeks is:  CHRISTMAS IN JULY!  We hope you'll come join in our fun challenges.  You can use any product line on your creations, as long as you follow the theme and use dies somewhere on your project, you qualify and could be chosen as the winner of a gift voucher to our Dies R Us store!!!

Several years ago hubby & I took a hot air balloon ride over Cinderella's Castle down in Florida at Disney World and it was wonderful!  I've had this fun Cheery Lynn Designs 'Hot Air Balloons' die set for awhile now and so today's the day to bring back all those wonderful memories by creating this card:

As you will see, the die set does come with Angel Wings ... BUT, I decided to show you how you can easily cut around these dies to make your own hand cut background ... JUST IN CASE you misplace your 'angel wings' like I have! LOL!


I simply used a scrap piece of white card stock, sponged Tim Holtz 'picked raspberry & salty ocean' distress inks in a sideways pattern (when you mix these two colors you get the pretty purple), glued down my die cut and simply cut around the outside edge with scissors.

Dies used on today's creation:
 Joy! Craft 'Clouds' - 6002/0199

Here's another little tip:
For my 'sky' background, I again grabbed a few shades of blue ink and sponged around.  Then I die cut my Joy! Craft Clouds and inked around the edge of my clouds for better definition.  

FYI ... Dies R Us doesn't routinely carry Joy! Crafts dies, BUT ... they do run a special Pre-Order on Joy! Craft and various other companies from time to time that you can take part in (as I did).  Be sure to sign up for the Dies R Us Newsletter so you are notified about these sales!  They are usually a LIMITED TIME OFFER so take a minute and sign up NOW!

Well, that's it for me today!  Please be sure to pop over to our Inspiration Blog each day of the work week to be inspired by my teammates Alicia, Mikha, Robin, and Sherri  ... very talented ladies!

Here are a few other challenges I'd like to enter into:
The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge #13 - Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant Challenge #257 - Anything Goes
Amusing Challenge - Anything Goes
Pile it On Challenge - Outdoor Fun
Crafty Sentiment Designs Challenge - No Design Paper
Fan-Tastic Tuesday at Hip to be Square - Anything Goes #42

Thanks for stopping by ...
HAPPY DAY and . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.