background

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A day in the life of a cat . . .

Happy Tuesday Everyone!
It' my turn once again, to share a creation using Dies R Us dies in hopes of inspiring you with using die cuts on your card/project creations.
You can find DAILY inspiration at our Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.
 Today's card was easy and fun to make and will be perfect for all my cat loving friends.  Personally, I'm not a cat lover ... don't get me wrong, they are okay ... I just don't want any animals in my house that I'd have to clean up after!  LOL!  (been there, done that!)

I created this little 'scene' using the Die-namites 'Spring Window' die about a month ago and FINALLY got it off my work table and onto a card front.


By simply using a white piece of cardstock, I lightly sponged blue ink over it to create the look of a sky.  Next I adhered my die cut to the sky paper panel and fussy cut around the outside edge.  I used my Spectrum Noir DR5 alcohol marker to color in the birdhouse.  Such a fun and cute little scene and one I'm sure all your cat lovers have seen first hand!
Here's the entire card ...

I love the silhouette look so kept everything else on my card in black and white.  
Here are the other Dies R Us products I have used today:
Tattered Lace 'Kensington Corner' #D318

I've used pop dots to add dimension to the cat in the window as well as the cat that is walking away.  Offray black satin ribbon, a small bow of Offray black organza ribbon and a Martha Stewart bird punched black bird are my only other embellishments. 

I hope you'll come join us at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog and show us what YOU'VE created using die cuts.  And by all means, pop on over to the Dies R Us store ... there are some fabulous sales going on and I'm sure you'll see something you just can't live without!

TIP:  There are frequent SURPRISE SALES posted in our newsletter ... so be sure you are signed up and don't miss out on these fabulous sales and pre-orders.

A few challenges to share in:
A Gem of A Challenge - Embossing
MilkCoffee Challenge - 2 or more dies
Come and Get It Challenge - It's All About the Dies
2 Cute Ink Digital Stamps Challenge #112 - Animals
Crafting From the Heart - Anything Goes
Make it Monday Challenge - Birds
Ooh La La Creations Challenge - Scenic Cards
Craft-Dee Bowz - Anything Goes with a Bow

That's it for me today!
Going to be a busy day so I'd better get movin'
Thanks so much for the visit and I hope you like what you see on my blog.
Until next time . . .

13 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! I LOVE the dies you used--beautiful! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing with us at 2 Cute Ink Challenge this week!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the scene and die-cuts -thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
    Carol DT x
    yes seen this first hand as I have two cats :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a sharp card, Darlene! Love B&W and love cats, LOL! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous! I love how you used all those intricate die cuts and the kitty cat is so cute! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Striking card, just love the dies you have used Darlene. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It, we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful. I really love the scene you have created with those wonderful dies.
    Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute die, and my cats are forever bird watching...a cute scene!! Glad you got it off your desk and put together...it is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nicely done! Thank you for playing along at Milk Coffee this challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous scenic card with us at Ooh La La Creations. Your dies are fabulous. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous card, you have created a wonderful scene.
    Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful die-cut scene Darlene!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Ooh La La Challenge Blog, do join us again tomorrow for our new challenge!
    Anne
    Ooh La La Creations Designer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene