Saturday, June 20, 2015

June Birthdays . . .

Happy Weekend Friends ...
Do you have a lot of June birthdays to celebrate in your life?
I sure seem to!
Both of my sisters, my niece, a couple close friends AND
the little neighbor girl Emily!  Oh yes, if you follow my blog, you've
seen Emily's name (and a photo here & there) over the years.  LOL!

Well, today's is Emily's birthday party and I always try to make something SPECIAL for both her and her sister Olivia when their birthdays roll around.  Here's what I came up with for Emily this year.


 I saw the pattern for this adorable little purse over on Pinterest and thought it would be the perfect little 'something' to put some cash in for Miss Emily!

Didn't it turn out cute?

Emily is "11" this year and although in the past years I've always been sure to put the NUMBER on her birthday cards, this year I decided that was no longer necessary since she's turning into quite the 'young lady'.

Although it's cute (and course will contain $$$), it just wasn't enough of a birthday gift.
So, back to Pinterest I went and found directions for this easy to make, fabulous origami box. 
Emily ALWAYS has a flower in her hair, so I decorated the top
of the box with hair flower clips.
I love when you can decorate your gift box with something useful.
She'll love them!!

Emily is a girly, girly kind of young lady who loves the color PINK (and PURPLE)
and always has her fingernails and toenails polished!
So what better gift for her today than some purple sparkly polish and
a new pink digital watch.
And no that's not a pack of cotton balls ...
it's actually a small 'Campfire' pack of mini marshmallows! 

LOL ... let me explain!
When Emily (and sister Olivia) were younger, (they are all of 11 & 13 now) they'd come over to visit
and I always sent them home with either licorice or mini marshmallows!
I thought she'd get a kick out of them!  LOL!
(Of course, that is after she shoots me a look of inquisitiveness!)
A matching birthday card and VIOLA!~ 
We are ready to go to the party tonight!!!

Sharing in the following challenges:
Kitty Bee Designs Aloha Friday Challenge - Birthdays
Simply Papercraft Challenge - Always Anything Goes
Crafting with an Attitude Challenge - Anything Goes
DL.ART June Linky Party - Anything Goes

Thanks SO MUCH for the visit!
Hope you have a MARVELOUS weekend!
As always ...




Recipe:
Paper:  Graphic45 Botanical Tea design paper, white cs
Accessories:  Homemade flower (Heartfelt Creations Botanical Rose die),  Lace, Sue Wilson Gemini Die 'Lyra', Creative Memories Sticker Letters, Zva gems, purple grosgrain ribbon, Wilton paper doily, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Happy' and 'Birthday' dies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.