Monday, December 28, 2015

1912 Fashion Plate

Happy Monday after Christmas Everyone!

Can you believe how fast time flies by??
A YEAR AGO ... yep I said a year ago ... a lady who had come to my home to purchase cards, saw an easel creation I had made at a workshop a few years back at Joan's Gardens out in South Bend, IN.  She asked me if when I had time, would I make (not one) but two of them for her and after checking to be sure I had the images she wanted, I told her "Yes, of course!"

Well, this same lady and her daughters came again this year to purchase cards and she recalled her request from the previous year.  I deeply apologized and told her I would be sure to get them done for her as soon as the holidays were over.  She was quite fine with that and say there really wasn't any rush!  
LOL!  (Good thing since it's already been a full year! )


This lady and her daughters have invited me to a 'Holiday Tea' at her home on Tuesday of this week so I decided there was no time like the present to get these created and give them to her as a gift for her patience!

They really didn't take me much time at all once I remembered (thanks to YouTube) how to die cut the Tim Holtz easel die using the crease pad.  I'm always so afraid of making the 'sandwich' incorrectly and breaking my Vagabond.  OMG it was so easy and I think I'll be making more of these easel creations for upcoming craft fairs.  I know an entire group of ladies at the Country Club event I do in the spring that would LOVE these ... hmmm, I'd better go in search of these images (paper packs) and get started!  Spring will be here before you know it!  LOL

I am so happy with the outcome and I'm sure she will love them too.

I just looked back and the workshop was held in 2012 and luckily Joan was good about typing up directions for all your workshop projects and I still had a copy in my files.  As you can see, the image we used in the workshop was different from the one I used today but they are from the same paper pack and still beautiful!!

Here's a close up view.  For a touch of sparkle, I used Diamond Stickles on her necklace.  Looks fantastic in person!



I must admit, it felt really good to create something that wasn't Christmas, Winter, Snowflakes! LOL!  I guess I must be ready for sunshine, flowers and butterflies!  AND ... here in N.E. Ohio we really haven't even seen winter yet!  It's been unseasonably warm this year (so far!)!

A few challenges I'd like to share in today are:
Mod Squad Challenge - Anything Goes
Allsort Challenge - Anything BUT Christmas
Deep Ocean Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
As always . . .



Recipe:
Papers:  Black cs, Graphic45 'A Ladies Diary' dp
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Designs 'Mini Fanciful Flourish' B291, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Fanciful Flourish' B117S, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Sweet William' floral strip B307, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Lace Corner Deco E' B165, Sue Wilson - Finishing Touches 'Petite Vine' CED1418, Tattered Lace 'Kensington Corner' D318, Tim Holtz 'Small Easel' die
Accessories:  Jambo Lace Roll Tape, Diamond Stickles, Heartfelt Creations Flower Shaping Kit, Kaiser black pearls, 12x12 chipboard, Fiskars swivel craft knife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.