Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Dies R Us - Happy 25th

Hello Friends!
Today I have a card to share that was created for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.

I've had a request for a 25th Anniversary card so I decided to create two cards for this lady to choose from.  One card uses the 'negative' portion of my Heidi Swapp '25' die cut and the other card utilizes the 'positive' portion.  I think both turned out pretty and I like that I can give my friend a choice while using up what would normally have been a scrap piece from the die cut.

Using the negative ...

Other dies used on this card are:

My base card is white ... next panel is black but I cut the center out of the black panel so that my numbers would show up as white on the silver panel.  The vines are a part of the Cheery Lynn Designs doily frame die and I simply sponged a little Memento 'bamboo leaves' green ink onto the leaves.  The flowers were also cut from my silver metallic card stock ... assembled and a gem added to the centers.


Using the positive ...

I've created this 2nd card using the numbers 25 that were die cut from the panel you see on Card 1.  I used the same Sue Wilson Finishing Touches 'Delicate Daisies - Open Petals  flowers but die cut my leaves from the Sue Wilson 'Laurel Leaves' die set (CED1437).  I cut the exact same size flowers as I used on my first card but stacked them all together to make one flower vs two separate flowers.

SO MUCH versatility with die cuts ... you gotta love that!
TIP:  You can also use the negative portion of your die cut panel as a stencil.


Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek at today's creations.
Remember there is still time to join in the current challenge at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  The theme is 'Something NEW'.  Be sure to pop over to see what the fabulous design team has created ... so talented!  WOW! 

Challenges to share in:
The Paper Players Challenge - All About Numbers
ABC Challenge - Y is for Your choice
 Crafts Galore Encore Challenge - ATG


As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.