Monday, July 25, 2016

Where have all the butterflies gone??

Happy Monday Everyone!
Well, here we are in the LAST week of July ... where oh where is the time going?

Uncommonly HOT here in Ohio this month which has been keeping me indoors more than I'd like to admit!  That means my flower beds are starting to look a little 'unattended' and I have notice fewer butterflies than normal too.

Growing up we had a semi-circle driveway with a big flower bed right in the middle of it.  My dad made sure there were flowers planted that would create a continuous bed of color and variety of height.  The front row was always one of the first flowers of spring, Daffodils and around the semi-circle were Sweet Williams of all colors!  The butterflies LOVED these flowers and as a child I remember watching all the beautiful butterflies in flight around my dads lovely flowers.  So today I'm paying tribute to the beautiful butterfly with my card creation.


I had this Ken Oliver Color Burst panel laying on my work table from a previous project and thought the colors would make a beautiful butterfly.  The rest of the card just came together as time went along.  I didn't have enough of the panel left for much more than an accent so that's exactly how my design was developed.

Inside view:

Challenges to share in:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Things with Wings 

I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!  I need to get busy on some design team work so I'd better get movin'!  Thanks for stopping by today!!  

As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Bright Pink cs
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Designs 'Small Lace Faerie Queen w/angel wings' #DL161, Sue Wilson 'Pierced Flags' #CED4304
Accessories:  Martha Stewart 3-in-1 butterfly punch, Ken Oliver color bursts, Provo Craft 'Swirls' embossing folder'


19 comments:

  1. A beautifully designed card. Very pretty colour combo. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! That intricate butterfly looks amazing with all the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, this is sooo pretty. Love the "burst" of colors. Guess what I found chewing on my parsley this afternoon. More Monarchs worms. Remember??? Love the pretty stamp, whose is it? Great job.
    Joan
    www.joanstouch.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely assortment of color in the background and for your lovely butterflies. Your circle drive you had as a kid sounds so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A love the butterfly and what a striking background! Beautiful card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your background is gorgeous! All of your butterflies are delightful! My Nana (who passed her green thumb on to my Mother and--thankfully--she passed along to me) adored Sweet William. I must get some! Have a wonderful day! Stay cool....hot here too, but still cooler at the coast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, love that butterfly and all the gorgeous color!! Great idea to use the Color Bursts and then die cut after. I really like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely. Love the design too.

    So glad you joined us at Morgans ArtWorld.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh, I bet the butterflies would love those colors in the garden! Wish I had that much color in my garden now. The deer are coming through once or twice a day and cleaning me out. I just love all those little butterflies fluttering around the big one. I hope your garden survives the heat and your air conditioning keeps working!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find this card adorable!!!! I love every detail on it.... and those butterflies and the background is just perfect!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW this is simply stunning! I could stare at all of those colors for days :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card !
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland Challenges blog and good luck !
    Maryvonne DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love this card! Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams. Cindy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very interesting work. Very nice :-) Thank you for playing at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful once again...and I love, love your pretty backgrounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Card Darlene! All of the colours work great together. Thanks for playing along on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully done! Thank you for joining Scrapy Land challenge.
    Hugs
    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! The design and background is unique and looks amazing together! Thank you for joining our Great Impressions Challenge this month, and I hope you to see you next month.
    Ruza ~ GI DTC
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty! I love all the diets. Thanks so much for joining us this month at Great Impressions Stamps. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene