Monday, July 25, 2016

Where have all the butterflies gone??

Happy Monday Everyone!
Well, here we are in the LAST week of July ... where oh where is the time going?

Uncommonly HOT here in Ohio this month which has been keeping me indoors more than I'd like to admit!  That means my flower beds are starting to look a little 'unattended' and I have notice fewer butterflies than normal too.

Growing up we had a semi-circle driveway with a big flower bed right in the middle of it.  My dad made sure there were flowers planted that would create a continuous bed of color and variety of height.  The front row was always one of the first flowers of spring, Daffodils and around the semi-circle were Sweet Williams of all colors!  The butterflies LOVED these flowers and as a child I remember watching all the beautiful butterflies in flight around my dads lovely flowers.  So today I'm paying tribute to the beautiful butterfly with my card creation.


I had this Ken Oliver Color Burst panel laying on my work table from a previous project and thought the colors would make a beautiful butterfly.  The rest of the card just came together as time went along.  I didn't have enough of the panel left for much more than an accent so that's exactly how my design was developed.

Inside view:

Challenges to share in:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Things with Wings 

I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!  I need to get busy on some design team work so I'd better get movin'!  Thanks for stopping by today!!  

As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Bright Pink cs
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Designs 'Small Lace Faerie Queen w/angel wings' #DL161, Sue Wilson 'Pierced Flags' #CED4304
Accessories:  Martha Stewart 3-in-1 butterfly punch, Ken Oliver color bursts, Provo Craft 'Swirls' embossing folder'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.