Sunday, November 27, 2016

Tutti Designs - Flower Cart Fun

Happy Sunday Everyone!
Today it's my turn to share a new, inspirational creation using dies from the Tutti Designs Store.  Have you seen the Tutti Design October Release?  So many beautiful dies ... you'll want to check it out for yourself.  I'm using one of those newly released dies for today's creation.


Today's card was created with the October release die
Flower Cart - TUTTI-182

 I decided to do a little 'paper piecing' today.  A technique I don't do often but always love the outcome when I do.  Here's how it all began . . .

Typically when I receive my dies, I quickly die cut each one from white card stock.  Not only can I see how it looks once cut, but can also then decide if I want to color it with markers ... inks ... cut again from colored papers or use it as a base as I have done today.

Next I die cut the body of the die image from scrap designer paper.  A few snips here and there and I was ready to 'paper piece' over my white die cut panel.


 BUT BEFORE DOING THAT ...
I wanted to color the handles and wheel of the cart as well as the flowers using my markers.
You want to do that before you paper piece that way you can be sure
to get your color up 'under' the panels that will be paper pieced and
have a smoother look.


After getting my flower cart just the way I wanted it,
it was time to 'showcase it'.
By simply die cutting some ovals and doing a little
ink sponging for the sky and around the outside edge,
I was ready to compile my card onto my pink embossed background
panel and white base card.


Oh and I forgot to mention ... see those adorable little butterflies?
They pop out from the die cut and of course we can't waste them!
I simply colored them with whatever marker was laying on my work table
then added them into the sky on my finished product!
 VIOLA!


Please be sure to pop over to the Tutti Designs Store 
and check out all of these fabulous dies. 

Need inspiration?  
The team has something new to share here on the Tutti Designs Blog EACH and EVERY DAY!   Pop in often and see for yourself ... what a talented group of designers!!

I'll be back again next Sunday with a new Tutti Designs project.
In the meantime, here are all the Tutti Designs quick links you will need:


 Thanks for stopping by and as always . . . 

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Black cs, Purple cs, Scrap of designer paper
Dies:  Tutti Flower Cart #182, Lawn Fawn Stitched Ovals (large #LF910, Small #LF909), Impression Obsession - Cat #DIE083, Sue Wilson Scandinavian - Corners, Borders & Tag #CED4202
Accessories:  Cuttlebug Honey Comb embossing folder, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Memento Bamboo Leaves ink, Tim Holtz Broken China distress ink, Large sponge daubers, Dimensional Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.